Tuesday, November 13, 2012, marks the Beatles’ North American stereo vinyl debut; to celebrate the occasion, Apple Corps/EMI have scheduled several events allowing fans opportunities to hear and purchase the remastered albums, issued for the first time on 180-gram vinyl. The entire catalog, along with the Past Masters One and Two collections, can be purchased individually or in a Deluxe Box Set.
The festivities begin in New York and Los Angeles, where Beatles “Mobile Pop-Up Shops,” specially designed double-decker buses, will bring the vinyl releases to customers. In addition to the albums and box set, the newly reissued Yellow Submarine and Magical Mystery Tour DVDs will also be available, along with other items. With minimum purchase, fans can own exclusive Beatles t-shirts particular to each city.
In addition, beginning November 19, selected music retailers will host listening parties, demonstrating the improvements in vinyl sound quality over the years. Fans can listen to the new remasters on a variety of turntables as well as a British-made hi-fi systems.
The Deluxe Vinyl Box Set includes all 14 albums as well as 252-page hardbound book describing the remastering process as well as a chapter-by-chapter analysis of each album. As an added bonus, the Sgt. Pepper vinyl reissue contains a reproduction of the original colorful cutouts, and the White Album includes the original poster.
2009 saw the first remastering of the entire Beatles catalog, which included box sets featuring stereo remixes and mono remastering of all albums. Next year Apple/EMI plan to release the catalog in remastered mono vinyl. For more information, visit the Beatles’ official website.
Click through here purchase these new album reissues …
Look for the Beatles Mobile Pop-Up Shop at these locations on Tuesday, November 13 …
• Midtown (9:30am – 11am): Seventh Avenue, between 49th Street and 50th Street
• SoHo (12pm – 1:30pm): Broadway, between Prince Street and Spring Street
• Wall Street (2:30pm – 4pm): Broadway, between Cortlandt Street and Liberty Street
• Hollywood (9:30am – 11am): Capitol Records, 1750 North Vine Street
• Santa Monica (12pm – 1:30pm): 1324 5th Street at Arizona Avenue (ICE at Santa Monica ice skating rink)
• Downtown (2:30pm – 4pm): L.A. Live (at Olympic Boulevard and South Figueroa Street)
Vinyl listening parties are scheduled for the following times and locations …
San Francisco: 7pm, Monday, Nov. 19 – AUDIO VISION SF (1603 Pine St., San Francisco, CA 94109)
Los Angeles: 5pm, Tuesday, Nov. 20 – AHEAD STEREO (7428 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036)
Atlanta: 7pm, Monday, Nov. 26 – AUDIO ALTERNATIVE (895 Indian Trail Rd., Ste. 15, Lilburn, GA 30047)
Dallas: 6pm, Tuesday, Nov. 27 – AUDIO CONCEPTS (11661 Preston Rd., Ste. 280, Dallas, TX 75230)
Austin: 7pm, Wednesday, Nov. 28 – WHETSTONE AUDIO (2401 East 6th St., #1001, Austin, TX 78702)
Chicago: 6pm, Monday, Dec. 3 – PRO MUSICA (2236 North Clark St., Chicago, IL 60614)
Boston: 6pm, Tuesday, Dec. 4 – GOODWIN’S HIGH END (899 Main St., Waltham, MA 02451)
New York: 7pm, Wednesday, Dec. 5 – IN LIVING STEREO (2 Great Jones St., New York, NY 10012)
Philadelphia: 7pm, Thursday, Dec. 6 – COMMUNITY AUDIO (8020 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19118)
Washington, DC: 6pm, Friday, Dec. 7 – IQ HOME ENTERTAINMENT (10890 Fairfax Blvd., Fairfax, VA 22030)
Latest posts by Kit O'Toole (see all)
- Bill Withers built a Hall of Fame career by challenging convention - December 16, 2014
- Deep Beatles: Beatles Christmas Records - December 13, 2014
- Kit O’Toole’s Top Beatles Albums, Books, Collectibles and Movies for 2014 - December 1, 2014