by S. Victor Aaron Cornet player Rob Mazurek has got to be one of the busiest guys on the robust Chicago fringe jazz scene. We loved Sound Is when it came out last year, which introduced his new quintet, but Mazurek has by then helmed or co-helmed so many other projects that starts with jazz and ends up who knowsRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Mats Gustafsson, on the state of jazz: Something Else! Interview
- Phil Collins found himself at a crossroads with Hello, I Must Be Going!
- The folkiest moment on Queen’s Night at the Opera was still a trip
- Daniel Davies + Sebastian Robertson – Condemned (2015)
- Grand Funk Railroad – E Pluribus Funk (1971): Forgotten Series
- Mavis Staples goes behind the scenes at the Band’s Last Waltz: ‘It wasn’t rehearsed to go like that’
- Stanley Clarke, Biréli Lagrène, Jean-Luc Ponty – D-Stringz (2015)
Trending Right Now
- Brian May talks about Adam Lambert's Queen transformation: 'He's really evolved, hugely' 68 comments
- Paul McCartney's overly mechanized <i>Press to Play</i> had one saving grace 38 comments
- Paul McCartney's guileless, but oft-criticized <i>Ram</i> was a handmade gem 33 comments
- Daryl Hall on the Hall and Oates song that should have been a hit: 'It didn’t get any response whatsoever' 32 comments
- Which Yardbirds guitarist was better? Ritchie Blackmore decides: 'He doesn’t have many ideas' 28 comments
- The Beatles' <i>Abbey Road</i> wasn't just a showcase for Paul McCartney 17 comments