by Mark Saleski In our society, it seems like there’s a constant battle between idealism and cynicism. A person will take a stand on a particular issue, and no matter how quietly they do it, there is always an opposing force with the can of hot tar at the ready. It’s a phenomenon that contributes to the growing blandification ofRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Jimmy Rushing, “Good Morning Blues” (1937): One Track Mind
- Jack Bruce + Gary Moore, Ginger Baker, others – Rockpalast: The 50th Birthday Concerts (2014)
- Nick DeRiso’s Best of 2014 (Rock + Roots): David Crosby, John Oates, Lloyd Cole
- Inside Phil Collins’ blatant rip off of Prince on ‘Sussudio': ‘Never ran away from that idea’
- Phil Ochs (1940-1976): An Appreciation
- Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour on taking over for Roger Waters: ‘Not a burden I was particularly relishing’