by S. Victor Aaron When Jon Irabagon signed with the mighty Concord Records after bagging the 2008 Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition for saxophone, you might assume that he would have left behind his wild side to become a more “serious” player. But his continued involvement in the gangsta jazz group Mostly Other People Do The Killing quickly dispelled anyRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Band, “Christmas Must Be Tonight” (1977): Across the Great Divide
- Bryan Murray – Balto! (2014)
- Ramsey Lewis, “Here Comes Santa Claus” (1961): One Track Mind
- Dennis DeYoung offers a sharp rebuke to Styx’s latest Hall of Fame snub: ‘To each his own’
- D’Angelo and the Vanguard – Black Messiah (2014)
- Smokey Robinson still thrilled by George Harrison’s long-ago tribute: ‘A wonderful, flattering thing’