by S. Victor Aaron When Jon Irabagon signed with the mighty Concord Records after bagging the 2008 Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition for saxophone, you might assume that he would have left behind his wild side to become a more “serious” player. But his continued involvement in the gangsta jazz group Mostly Other People Do The Killing quickly dispelled anyRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Byrds, “Mr. Tambourine Man” from The Only Folk Collection You’ll Ever Need (2014): One Track Mind
- Adrian Belew debuts his innovative FLUX app: ‘I’m never one to shut doors’
- Paul McCartney: Recording Sessions [1969-2013], by Luca Perasi: Books
- Yes – Open Your Eyes (1997): On Second Thought
- John Oates loves this crazy remake of Hall and Oates’ ‘Maneater': ‘It sounds great that way’
- Andreas Varady, “Do It Again” from Andreas Varady (2014): One Track Mind