by S. Victor Aaron When Jon Irabagon signed with the mighty Concord Records after bagging the 2008 Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition for saxophone, you might assume that he would have left behind his wild side to become a more “serious” player. But his continued involvement in the gangsta jazz group Mostly Other People Do The Killing quickly dispelled anyRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Warren Zevon, Talking Heads, Michael Jackson + others: Gimme Five, Halloween Edition
- Will Queen record with Adam Lambert next?: ‘I think it would be very interesting’
- Huntertones, “Theme from Jurassic Park”: One Track Mind (2014)
- Bruce Springsteen, “Incident on 57th Street” (1973): Deep Cuts
- Bud Powell – Live At The Blue Note Café, Paris 1961 (2014 reissue)
- Robbie Robertson, “Broken Arrow” from Robbie Robertson (1987): Across the Great Divide