by S. Victor Aaron When I heard Joe Higham’s wonderfully diverse world fusion treat Where Are We Now? last year, I became suspicious that the Low Countries might be a magnet for out-the-box thinking for jazz players. Listening to Eric Vloeimans and his Gatecrash’s new release Heavensabove! just confirmed those suspicions. The trumpet ace from Holland Eric Vloeimans is aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Donny McCaslin – Fast Future (2015)
- King Crimson’s brief, but important, double-trio era peaked with Thrak
- Todd Rundgren, “You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away” (2015): Exclusive advance stream
- John Manning – White Bear (1971): Forgotten Series
- Otis Taylor, “Cold at Midnight” from Hey Joe Opus / Red Meat (2015): One Track Mind
- How I learned to love (or at least tolerate) Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot