by S. Victor Aaron When I heard Joe Higham’s wonderfully diverse world fusion treat Where Are We Now? last year, I became suspicious that the Low Countries might be a magnet for out-the-box thinking for jazz players. Listening to Eric Vloeimans and his Gatecrash’s new release Heavensabove! just confirmed those suspicions. The trumpet ace from Holland Eric Vloeimans is aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Midnight North – Stayin’ Single, Drinkin’ Doubles EP (2015)
- Ian Gillan on Deep Purple’s legendary lineup changes: ‘Our career was decided by tantrums’
- Syberen van Munster – Plunge For Distance (2015)
- The Band, “She Knows” from High on the Hog (1996): Across the Great Divide
- A Conspiracy of Stars: Why is UFO classic rock’s best-kept secret?
- Daniel Lanois confirms more Sinatra coming from Bob Dylan: ‘A sacred ground for him’