by S. Victor Aaron When I heard Joe Higham’s wonderfully diverse world fusion treat Where Are We Now? last year, I became suspicious that the Low Countries might be a magnet for out-the-box thinking for jazz players. Listening to Eric Vloeimans and his Gatecrash’s new release Heavensabove! just confirmed those suspicions. The trumpet ace from Holland Eric Vloeimans is aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Daniel Rosenboom – Astral Transference and Seven Dreams (2015)
- The Replacements collapsed in a heap of success with Don’t Tell A Soul
- The Bobby Fuller Four – KRLA King of the Wheels (1965): Forgotten Series
- Ex-producer Mark Hudson still heaps praise on Ringo Starr: ‘He plays the song’
- The J. Geils Band, “One Last Kiss” from House Party Live In Germany (2015): One Track Mind
- Santana will complete new reunion album this spring: ‘Like putting on a pair of old jeans’