by S. Victor Aaron When I heard Joe Higham’s wonderfully diverse world fusion treat Where Are We Now? last year, I became suspicious that the Low Countries might be a magnet for out-the-box thinking for jazz players. Listening to Eric Vloeimans and his Gatecrash’s new release Heavensabove! just confirmed those suspicions. The trumpet ace from Holland Eric Vloeimans is aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Bernie Marsden + David Coverdale, “Trouble” from Shine (2014): One Track Mind
- Princess Planet – The Ritzland Tapes (2014)
- Ross Hammond + Grant Calvin Weston – Blues and Daily News (2014)
- Adrian Belew begins new Power Trio tour, hoping to present a taste of FLUX
- Avishai Cohen’s Triveni – Dark Nights (2014)
- WKRP in Cincinnati: The Complete Series (2014): Television