by S. Victor Aaron When I heard Joe Higham’s wonderfully diverse world fusion treat Where Are We Now? last year, I became suspicious that the Low Countries might be a magnet for out-the-box thinking for jazz players. Listening to Eric Vloeimans and his Gatecrash’s new release Heavensabove! just confirmed those suspicions. The trumpet ace from Holland Eric Vloeimans is aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Dennis DeYoung offers sharp rebuke to Styx’s latest Hall of Fame snub: ‘To each his own’
- D’Angelo and the Vanguard – Black Messiah (2014)
- Smokey Robinson still thrilled by George Harrison’s long-ago tribute: ‘A wonderful, flattering thing’
- Ian Gillan joined Black Sabbath after a night at legendary pub: ‘Did that happen? What happened?’
- Coming back together ‘with some fresh perspective,’ Wilco announces 2015 tour dates
- Stevie Ray Vaughan became blues’ unlikely savior on way to Hall of Fame glory