by S. Victor Aaron You know the story: a band goes in the studio to records tracks for an album and finds they recorded more than what they needed for that record, so they leave one or two tracks off of it. You’ve also seen this play out: a major act comes out with a blockbuster album, so record labelRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Lucinda Williams – Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone (2014)
- Manhattan Transfer’s Tim Hauser: 10 Essential Performances
- Tomas Doncker + Yusef Komunyakaa – Big Apple Blues (2014)
- Burnt Belief (Porcupine Tree’s Colin Edwin + Jon Durant) – Etymology (2014)
- “Wet Side Story” (unreleased, 1996?): Steely Dan Sunday
- Cat Stevens, “Tell ‘Em I’m Gone” (2014): One Track Mind