Scott LaFaro, Bill Evans and Paul Motian (photo: Steve Schapiro) by Pico What can be said about Bill Evans’ classic Sunday At The Village Vanguard that hadn’t already been said so many times over? If you’re new to jazz, here’s what you need to know: it is the beginning and the end of piano-bass-drums music. It’s one of the fiveRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Avishai Cohen’s Triveni – Dark Nights (2014)
- WKRP in Cincinnati: The Complete Series (2014): Television
- Are Hall and Oates yacht rockers?: ‘I don’t even know what that means’
- Northern Sugar, American Suitcase + others – International Pop Overthrow, Volume 17 (2014)
- Supertramp’s Crime of the Century set for deluxe reissue: ‘It has a wonderful feel to it’
- Syd Arthur – Sound Mirror (2014)