Scott LaFaro, Bill Evans and Paul Motian (photo: Steve Schapiro) by Pico What can be said about Bill Evans’ classic Sunday At The Village Vanguard that hadn’t already been said so many times over? If you’re new to jazz, here’s what you need to know: it is the beginning and the end of piano-bass-drums music. It’s one of the fiveRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Moody Blues’ John Lodge, “10,000 Light Years Ago” (2015): One Track Mind
- Albatre, Cactus Truck + Dead Neanderthals – The New Wave of Dutch Heavy Jazz (2015)
- Fleetwood Mac’s overlong Say You Will sorely missed Christine McVie
- Daryl Hall on how MTV ruined a huge Hall and Oates hit: ‘It was really, really frustrating’
- Sonny Landreth, “Bound by the Blues” (2015): One Track Mind
- Gary Burton in Nashville: 1960’s Tennessee Firebird was a fusion album like no other