Scott LaFaro, Bill Evans and Paul Motian (photo: Steve Schapiro) by Pico What can be said about Bill Evans’ classic Sunday At The Village Vanguard that hadn’t already been said so many times over? If you’re new to jazz, here’s what you need to know: it is the beginning and the end of piano-bass-drums music. It’s one of the fiveRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- John Lennon’s Milk and Honey was unfinished, but still resonant
- Gov’t Mule featuring John Scofield – Sco-Mule (2015)
- Chris Smither, “Drive You Home Again” (2015): Something Else! exclusive stream
- Fantomas – Delirium Cordia (2004): On Second Thought
- Death Cab for Cutie, “Black Sun” from Kintsugi (2015): One Track Mind
- Bruce Springsteen’s Working On A Dream remains deeply misunderstood