Scott LaFaro, Bill Evans and Paul Motian (photo: Steve Schapiro) by Pico What can be said about Bill Evans’ classic Sunday At The Village Vanguard that hadn’t already been said so many times over? If you’re new to jazz, here’s what you need to know: it is the beginning and the end of piano-bass-drums music. It’s one of the fiveRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Steely Dan’s Gaucho: An album doomed from the start?
- Steve Cropper shares the secret to his remarkable output with Stax: ‘Everyone was there for the same reason’
- Toto has concluded work on a new studio album: ‘It harkens back to another era’
- Levon Helm, “False Hearted Lover Blues” from Dirt Farmer (2007): Across the Great Divide
- Carmela Rappazzo, jazz vocalist: Something Else! Interview
- Robert Fripp announces new King Crimson live set: ‘We’re just completing the mix’