Scott LaFaro, Bill Evans and Paul Motian (photo: Steve Schapiro) by Pico What can be said about Bill Evans’ classic Sunday At The Village Vanguard that hadn’t already been said so many times over? If you’re new to jazz, here’s what you need to know: it is the beginning and the end of piano-bass-drums music. It’s one of the fiveRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Inside Pink Floyd’s 1968 ban from Royal Albert Hall: ‘That didn’t go down at all well’
- Allan Harris – Black Bar Jukebox (2015)
- As Yardbirds regroup, their legend holds: ‘It’s very gratifying’
- Jimmy Rushing, “Good Morning Blues” (1937): One Track Mind
- Monkees’ Micky Dolenz still struggles with Davy Jones’ absence: ‘He’s irreplaceable’
- Jack Bruce + Gary Moore, Ginger Baker, others – Rockpalast: The 50th Birthday Concerts (2014)