Patti Smith fans, long starved for in-concert material, have seen a veritable tidal wave of live releases lately — including three albums between 2005-08 and then the Live in France DVD from last year. Still, the Festival des Vieilles Charrues film, welcome though it no doubt was, suffered because of bad video quality.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Avishai Cohen’s Triveni – Dark Nights (2014)
- WKRP in Cincinnati: The Complete Series (2014): Television
- Are Hall and Oates yacht rockers?: ‘I don’t even know what that means’
- Northern Sugar, American Suitcase + others – International Pop Overthrow, Volume 17 (2014)
- Supertramp’s Crime of the Century set for deluxe reissue: ‘It has a wonderful feel to it’
- Syd Arthur – Sound Mirror (2014)