Patti Smith fans, long starved for in-concert material, have seen a veritable tidal wave of live releases lately — including three albums between 2005-08 and then the Live in France DVD from last year. Still, the Festival des Vieilles Charrues film, welcome though it no doubt was, suffered because of bad video quality.
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Who’s disjointed, disappointing It’s Hard never lived up to its initial promise
- Steven T. Easter, musician and promoter: Something Else! Interview
- Pink Floyd, “Alan’s Psychedelic Breakfast” from Atom Heart Mother (1970): One Track Mind
- James Leg – Below The Belt (2015)
- Every copy of Rush’s underrated Roll the Bones reveals something new
- Michael Sherwood + Christian Nesmith, “Sally’s Ass” from Groovy Lemon Pie (2015)
- At first, Gregg Rolie wasn’t so sure about a classic Santana song: ‘What the hell do I do with this?’
Trending Right Now
- Brian May talks about Adam Lambert's Queen transformation: 'He's really evolved, hugely' 68 comments
- Paul McCartney's overly mechanized <i>Press to Play</i> had one saving grace 33 comments
- Daryl Hall on the Hall and Oates song that should have been a hit: 'It didn’t get any response whatsoever' 32 comments
- Paul McCartney's guileless, but oft-criticized <i>Ram</i> was a handmade gem 32 comments
- Which Yardbirds guitarist was better? Ritchie Blackmore decides: 'He doesn’t have many ideas' 25 comments
- Paul McCartney says the Beatles used Motown as a template – for what not to do 15 comments