Patti Smith fans, long starved for in-concert material, have seen a veritable tidal wave of live releases lately — including three albums between 2005-08 and then the Live in France DVD from last year. Still, the Festival des Vieilles Charrues film, welcome though it no doubt was, suffered because of bad video quality.
The Latest from Something Else!
- King Crimson’s brief, but important, double-trio era peaked with Thrak
- Todd Rundgren, “You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away” (2015): Exclusive advance stream
- John Manning – White Bear (1971): Forgotten Series
- Otis Taylor, “Cold at Midnight” from Hey Joe Opus / Red Meat (2015): One Track Mind
- How I learned to love (or at least tolerate) Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
- Garth Hudson, “Little Island” from The Sea to the North (2001): Across the Great Divide