Patti Smith fans, long starved for in-concert material, have seen a veritable tidal wave of live releases lately — including three albums between 2005-08 and then the Live in France DVD from last year. Still, the Festival des Vieilles Charrues film, welcome though it no doubt was, suffered because of bad video quality.
The Latest from Something Else!
- With Led Zeppelin’s reissues done, time for the ultimate companion-disc playlist
- Carly Simon – Another Passenger (1976): Forgotten Series
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive scored big with lively, unpretentious Not Fragile
- Images of America: Southern California Surf Music 1960-1966, by John Blair (2015)
- Bruce Springsteen’s complex and challenging The Rising: Gimme Five
- Black Sabbath’s often-dismissed Sabotage is far better than you remembered
- Hall and Oates’ breakthrough Voices was propelled by a huge hit that almost wasn’t
Trending Right Now
- Brian May talks about Adam Lambert's Queen transformation: 'He's really evolved, hugely' 67 comments
- Daryl Hall on the Hall and Oates song that should have been a hit: 'It didn’t get any response whatsoever' 31 comments
- Paul McCartney's guileless, but oft-criticized <i>Ram</i> was a handmade gem 29 comments
- Which Yardbirds guitarist was better? Ritchie Blackmore decides: 'He doesn’t have many ideas' 25 comments
- Paul McCartney says the Beatles used Motown as a template – for what not to do 13 comments
- Daryl Hall on how MTV ruined a huge Hall and Oates hit: 'It was really, really frustrating' 12 comments