Throughout his career Steve Lacy paid tribute to Thelonious Monk, and even dedicated numerous albums to Monk’s music. A lot of great jazz musicians feted Monk and were clearly influenced by the master pianist/composer, too, but perhaps not with the zeal of Lacy.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Ramsey Lewis, “Here Comes Santa Claus” (1961): One Track Mind
- Dennis DeYoung offers sharp rebuke to Styx’s latest Hall of Fame snub: ‘To each his own’
- D’Angelo and the Vanguard – Black Messiah (2014)
- Smokey Robinson still thrilled by George Harrison’s long-ago tribute: ‘A wonderful, flattering thing’
- Ian Gillan joined Black Sabbath after a night at legendary pub: ‘Did that happen? What happened?’
- Coming back together ‘with some fresh perspective,’ Wilco announces 2015 tour dates