Uneasy rests the saxophonist being juxtaposed against John Coltrane, in general — and with regard to his monumental 1965 release A Love Supreme, in particular. Sam Newsome, however, sidesteps such direct comparisons on the forthcoming Art of the Soprano, Vol. 1
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Band, “Let the Night Fall” from Islands (1977): Across the Great Divide
- Mavis Staples, “Your Good Fortune” (2015): One Track Mind
- Aerosmith’s ‘Nobody’s Fault,’ ‘Movin’ Out,’ ‘Taste of India,’ others: Deep Cuts
- Ringo Starr – Postcards from Paradise (2015)
- Jose James – Yesterday I Had the Blues: The Music of Billie Holiday (2015)
- Nick Mason is still disappointed Pink Floyd’s not on tour: ‘It would be nice if we could do it’