Uneasy rests the saxophonist being juxtaposed against John Coltrane, in general — and with regard to his monumental 1965 release A Love Supreme, in particular. Sam Newsome, however, sidesteps such direct comparisons on the forthcoming Art of the Soprano, Vol. 1
The Latest from Something Else!
- Miles Davis’ brilliant, misunderstood Bitches Brew broke every rule: ‘An art form unto itself’
- Frank Sinatra, “Only the Lonely” from Ultimate Sinatra (2015): One Track Mind
- Overly Polite Tornadoes – When You Wake Up (2015)
- Royal Philharmonic with Gavin Harrison + Guthrie Govan, “21st Century Schizoid Man” (2015): Exclusive stream
- Matthew Shipp on David S. Ware, unusual collaborations + the Miles Davis Paradigm
- King Crimson’s brief, but important, double-trio era peaked with Thrak