Throughout his career Steve Lacy paid tribute to Thelonious Monk, and even dedicated numerous albums to Monk’s music. A lot of great jazz musicians feted Monk and were clearly influenced by the master pianist/composer, too, but perhaps not with the zeal of Lacy.
The Latest from Something Else!
- An intriguing launch point, Trespass is Genesis’ forgotten album: ‘I guess, because it’s so early’
- Arun Ramamurthy Trio – Jazz Carnatica (2014)
- The Band, “The Great Pretender” (1973): Across the Great Divide
- Jon Anderson + Counting Crows’ Matt Malley, “Family Circle” (2014): One Track Mind
- Nick Mason discusses possibility of Pink Floyd tour behind The Endless River
- Manhattan Transfer, 1980: Shows I’ll Never Forget