Guitarist Frank Marino flaunted his Jimi Hendrix fetish to extreme effects, going as far as saying the spirit of the great axeman entered his body shortly after his death in 1970, resulting in a transfer of talent and ideas.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Matthew Shipp and Michael Bisio – Live In Seattle (2016)
- Ben Craven on streaming’s impact, working with Captain Kirk, and his terrific new album
- DELIRIOUS: Our Ultimate Prince Deep Cut Playlist
- Yes, “Mood for a Day” from Fragile (1971): YESterdays
- Steely Dan’s The Royal Scam: Seeing the glory 40 years later
- Danzig – blackacidevil (1996): Metal Meltdowns
- George Martin’s Death Apparently Wasn’t All That Interesting to Entertainment Weekly
Trending Right Now
- The Beatles, "Lovely Rita" from <i>Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band</i> (1967): Deep Beatles 13 comments
- Yes, "Cans and Brahms" from <i>Fragile</i> (1971): YESterdays 5 comments
- Did Emerson Lake and Palmer almost lose Keith Emerson to Yes? 4 comments
- The Beatles, "I'll Follow the Sun" from <i>Beatles for Sale</i> (1964): Deep Beatles 4 comments
- The Beatles, "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party" from <i>Beatles for Sale</i> (1964): Deep Beatles 4 comments
- David Bowie - <i>Blackstar</i> (2016) 3 comments