Guitarist Frank Marino flaunted his Jimi Hendrix fetish to extreme effects, going as far as saying the spirit of the great axeman entered his body shortly after his death in 1970, resulting in a transfer of talent and ideas.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Daniel Davies + Sebastian Robertson – Condemned (2015)
- Grand Funk Railroad – E Pluribus Funk (1971): Forgotten Series
- Mavis Staples goes behind the scenes at the Band’s Last Waltz: ‘It wasn’t rehearsed to go like that’
- Stanley Clarke, Biréli Lagrène, Jean-Luc Ponty – D-Stringz (2015)
- Louis Minus XVI – Kindergarten (2015)
- Yes, “A Venture” from The Yes Album (1971): YESterdays
- The Beatles’ Love was a worthy concept not taken far enough
Trending Right Now
- Brian May talks about Adam Lambert's Queen transformation: 'He's really evolved, hugely' 68 comments
- Paul McCartney's overly mechanized <i>Press to Play</i> had one saving grace 38 comments
- Paul McCartney's guileless, but oft-criticized <i>Ram</i> was a handmade gem 33 comments
- Daryl Hall on the Hall and Oates song that should have been a hit: 'It didn’t get any response whatsoever' 32 comments
- Which Yardbirds guitarist was better? Ritchie Blackmore decides: 'He doesn’t have many ideas' 28 comments
- The Beatles' <i>Abbey Road</i> wasn't just a showcase for Paul McCartney 17 comments