Guitarist Frank Marino flaunted his Jimi Hendrix fetish to extreme effects, going as far as saying the spirit of the great axeman entered his body shortly after his death in 1970, resulting in a transfer of talent and ideas.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Fantomas – Delirium Cordia (2004): On Second Thought
- Death Cab for Cutie, “Black Sun” from Kintsugi (2015): One Track Mind
- Bruce Springsteen’s Working On A Dream remains deeply misunderstood
- Kenny Wheeler – Songs For Quintet (2015)
- Otis Redding’s “Dock of the Bay” emerged out of crushing grief: ‘I can’t go in that studio’
- Adrian Belew’s brilliant Side One was a journey through his entire musical history