Guitarist Frank Marino flaunted his Jimi Hendrix fetish to extreme effects, going as far as saying the spirit of the great axeman entered his body shortly after his death in 1970, resulting in a transfer of talent and ideas.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Henry Threadgill Zooid – In For a Penny, In For a Pound (2015)
- Pete Townshend on why the Who lends itself to classical reinterpretation: ‘Pulled all the stops’
- Those Pretty Wrongs (feat. Big Star’s Jody Stephens), “Lucky Guy” (2015): One Track Mind
- Two modern developments hurtled Hall and Oates back to prominence: ‘It resonated with them’
- Close as You Get found Gary Moore at the top of his blues game
- Incognito, “Send Your Love” (2015): One Track Mind