“That was Paul and me trying to write a song … and it didn’t work out,” John Lennon said in a 1980 interview. Despite Lennon’s opinion, 1963’s “I’ll Get You” exemplifies the Beatles’ growing ability to absorb pop and rhythm and blues
The Latest from Something Else!
- WKRP in Cincinnati: The Complete Series (2014): Television
- Are Hall and Oates yacht rockers?: ‘I don’t even know what that means’
- Northern Sugar, American Suitcase + others – International Pop Overthrow, Volume 17 (2014)
- Supertramp’s Crime of the Century set for deluxe reissue: ‘It has a wonderful feel to it’
- Syd Arthur – Sound Mirror (2014)
- Rock and Roll Highway: The Robbie Robertson Story, by Sebastian Robertson (2014): Books