“That was Paul and me trying to write a song … and it didn’t work out,” John Lennon said in a 1980 interview. Despite Lennon’s opinion, 1963’s “I’ll Get You” exemplifies the Beatles’ growing ability to absorb pop and rhythm and blues
The Latest from Something Else!
- Nick Hempton, “Nordberg Suite [Catch and Release #6]” (2015): One Track Mind
- Toto, “Bend” from Toto XIV (2015): Something Else! sneak peek
- Cassandra Wilson, “Strange Fruit” (2015): One Track Mind
- Lindsey Buckingham wants Fleetwood Mac to be like the Eagles: ‘They always seem to know what they want’
- Spin Marvel featuring Nils Petter Molvær – Infolding (2015)
- Wilson Pickett and Steve Cropper were strangers who hit it big: ‘Why don’t you guys just keep on writing?’