“That was Paul and me trying to write a song … and it didn’t work out,” John Lennon said in a 1980 interview. Despite Lennon’s opinion, 1963’s “I’ll Get You” exemplifies the Beatles’ growing ability to absorb pop and rhythm and blues
The Latest from Something Else!
- Garth Hudson, “Garth Largo” from Largo (1998): Across the Great Divide
- Ultimate Painting, “Riverside” (2015): One Track Mind
- Donna Deussen + Paul Weitz Trio – On the Street Where You Live (2015)
- Accordion Rock from the Who, Jethro Tull, John Mellencamp, others: Gimme Five
- JJ Grey and Mofro, “Every Minute” from Ol’ Glory (2015): Something Else! sneak peek
- Marilyn Manson – Mechanical Animals (1998): On Second Thought