Lena Prima centered this project with a pair of songs by her father, Louis Prima. But she didn’t settle for the simple goal of glowing tribute, either to this legendary New Orleans-born purveyor of post-war jump blues or to his era’s great American songbook.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Butcher Brown, “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” (2014): One Track Mind
- Best Steely Dan keyboard performances: Steely Dan Sunday
- Tinsley Ellis, “Pawnbroker [Live]” from Best of Tinsley Ellis (2014): One Track Mind
- David Lee Roth selects his favorite Van Halen album: ‘That’s my ticket; my entry fee’
- Whitey Morgan – Grandpa’s Guitar (2014)
- Inside Pink Floyd’s 1968 ban from Royal Albert Hall: ‘That didn’t go down at all well’