Lena Prima centered this project with a pair of songs by her father, Louis Prima. But she didn’t settle for the simple goal of glowing tribute, either to this legendary New Orleans-born purveyor of post-war jump blues or to his era’s great American songbook.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Cracker – Berkeley to Bakersfield (2014)
- Tom Petty remembers the mystery, joy of the Traveling Wilburys: ‘We made that record for us’
- Mabel Greer’s Toyshop, “Electric Funeral” from New Way Of Life (2015): One Track Mind
- Novellino / Rosi / Mazurek / Barnes – Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear (2014)
- The Byrds, “Mr. Tambourine Man” from The Only Folk Collection You’ll Ever Need (2014): One Track Mind
- Adrian Belew debuts his innovative FLUX app: ‘I’m never one to shut doors’