Lena Prima centered this project with a pair of songs by her father, Louis Prima. But she didn’t settle for the simple goal of glowing tribute, either to this legendary New Orleans-born purveyor of post-war jump blues or to his era’s great American songbook.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Miles Davis’ brilliant, misunderstood Bitches Brew broke every rule: ‘An art form unto itself’
- Frank Sinatra, “Only the Lonely” from Ultimate Sinatra (2015): One Track Mind
- Overly Polite Tornadoes – When You Wake Up (2015)
- Royal Philharmonic with Gavin Harrison + Guthrie Govan, “21st Century Schizoid Man” (2015): Exclusive stream
- Matthew Shipp on David S. Ware, unusual collaborations + the Miles Davis Paradigm
- King Crimson’s brief, but important, double-trio era peaked with Thrak