Lena Prima centered this project with a pair of songs by her father, Louis Prima. But she didn’t settle for the simple goal of glowing tribute, either to this legendary New Orleans-born purveyor of post-war jump blues or to his era’s great American songbook.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Steve Earle, “Baby Baby Baby (Baby)” from Terraplane (2015): One Track Mind
- Inside Deep Purple’s unique collaborative relationship with Ian Gillan: ‘We have a weird dynamic, but it works’
- Garth Hudson, “Garth Largo” from Largo (1998): Across the Great Divide
- Ultimate Painting, “Riverside” (2015): One Track Mind
- Donna Deussen + Paul Weitz Trio – On the Street Where You Live (2015)
- Accordion Rock from the Who, Jethro Tull, John Mellencamp, others: Gimme Five