Lena Prima centered this project with a pair of songs by her father, Louis Prima. But she didn’t settle for the simple goal of glowing tribute, either to this legendary New Orleans-born purveyor of post-war jump blues or to his era’s great American songbook.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Ides of March set for return, with Steve Cropper: ‘It’s just a major thrill’
- Leon Alvarado with Trey Gunn + Jerry Marotta – 2014: Music from an Expanded Universe (2014)
- Video of Johnny Winter’s final session finds him in legendary form
- Bob Dylan and the Band, “Ain’t No More Cane [Take 2]” (1967): One Track Mind
- An intriguing launch point, Trespass is Genesis’ forgotten album: ‘I guess, because it’s so early’
- Arun Ramamurthy Trio – Jazz Carnatica (2014)