Lena Prima centered this project with a pair of songs by her father, Louis Prima. But she didn’t settle for the simple goal of glowing tribute, either to this legendary New Orleans-born purveyor of post-war jump blues or to his era’s great American songbook.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Henry Threadgill Zooid – In For A Penny, In For A Pound (2015)
- Close as You Get found Gary Moore at the top of his blues game
- Two modern developments hurtled Hall and Oates back to prominence: ‘It resonated with them’
- Those Pretty Wrongs (feat. Big Star’s Jody Stephens), “Lucky Guy” (2015): One Track Mind
- Pete Townshend on why the Who lends itself to classical reinterpretation: ‘Pulled all the stops’
- Incognito, “Send Your Love” (2015): One Track Mind