Lena Prima centered this project with a pair of songs by her father, Louis Prima. But she didn’t settle for the simple goal of glowing tribute, either to this legendary New Orleans-born purveyor of post-war jump blues or to his era’s great American songbook.
The Latest from Something Else!
- John Oates loves this crazy remake of Hall and Oates’ ‘Maneater': ‘It sounds great that way’
- Andreas Varady, “Do It Again” from Andreas Varady (2014): One Track Mind
- Jerry Giddens + Killeen Foundry – Damn It Abby! (2014)
- Evan Parker, John Edwards + others, November 20, 2014: Shows I’ll Never Forget
- Velvet Underground, “Sweet Jane [Early Version]” (2014) : One Track Mind
- Pink Floyd’s ugly split hasn’t soured Nick Mason on Roger Waters: ‘Still one of my oldest, dearest friends’