[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wd2DveN0R0&w=500&h=305] If you last heard one-hit-wonder Joan Osborne doing “One of Us” in the 1990s, a turn to the blues likely comes as a shock. But time has weathered her voice in the best of ways, and her abiding passion for these soulful sides did the rest.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Paul Jolly, free jazz musician, club owner and producer: Something Else! Interview
- In celebration of the Evan Parker Electro-Acoustic Ensemble’s complex, trippy The Moment’s Energy
- Chicago, “Poem for the People” from Chicago II (1970): Saturdays in the Park
- Wilco (The Album) echoed, but didn’t quite live up to Sky Blue Sky
- Deerhoof – The Magic (2016)
- Scott Amendola and Wil Blades announce crowdfunding campaign for a debut Amendola vs. Blades album
- Milton Marsh – Monism (2016)
Trending Right Now
- The Beatles, "Lovely Rita" from <i>Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band</i> (1967): Deep Beatles 13 comments
- Did Emerson Lake and Palmer almost lose Keith Emerson to Yes? 6 comments
- Yes, "Cans and Brahms" from <i>Fragile</i> (1971): YESterdays 6 comments
- Unreleased Songs by Bob Dylan: Gimme Five 4 comments
- The Beatles, "I'll Follow the Sun" from <i>Beatles for Sale</i> (1964): Deep Beatles 4 comments
- The Beatles, "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party" from <i>Beatles for Sale</i> (1964): Deep Beatles 4 comments