[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wd2DveN0R0&w=500&h=305] If you last heard one-hit-wonder Joan Osborne doing “One of Us” in the 1990s, a turn to the blues likely comes as a shock. But time has weathered her voice in the best of ways, and her abiding passion for these soulful sides did the rest.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Tinsley Ellis, “Pawnbroker [Live]” from Best of Tinsley Ellis (2014): One Track Mind
- David Lee Roth selects his favorite Van Halen album: ‘That’s my ticket; my entry fee’
- Whitey Morgan – Grandpa’s Guitar (2014)
- Inside Pink Floyd’s 1968 ban from Royal Albert Hall: ‘That didn’t go down at all well’
- Allan Harris – Black Bar Jukebox (2015)
- As Yardbirds regroup, their legend holds: ‘It’s very gratifying’