Throughout his career Steve Lacy paid tribute to Thelonious Monk, and even dedicated numerous albums to Monk’s music. A lot of great jazz musicians feted Monk and were clearly influenced by the master pianist/composer, too, but perhaps not with the zeal of Lacy.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Often-forgotten David Gilmour was the Pink Floyd leader’s most varied solo effort
- Warren Haynes, “Spots of Time” from Ashes and Dust (2015): One Track Mind
- In a surprise, Def Leppard rekindled their classic-era sound with covers-focused Yeah!
- Joe Ely, May 23, 2015: Shows I’ll Never Forget
- Free-form Monkees humor once drove Hollywood legend to curse: ‘I hate these f–ing kids’
- Spirit – The Best of Spirit (1973): On Second Thought