Throughout his career Steve Lacy paid tribute to Thelonious Monk, and even dedicated numerous albums to Monk’s music. A lot of great jazz musicians feted Monk and were clearly influenced by the master pianist/composer, too, but perhaps not with the zeal of Lacy.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Whitey Morgan – Grandpa’s Guitar (2014)
- Inside Pink Floyd’s 1968 ban from Royal Albert Hall: ‘That didn’t go down at all well’
- Allan Harris – Black Bar Jukebox (2015)
- As Yardbirds regroup, their legend holds: ‘It’s very gratifying’
- Jimmy Rushing, “Good Morning Blues” (1937): One Track Mind
- Monkees’ Micky Dolenz still struggles with Davy Jones’ absence: ‘He’s irreplaceable’