Guitarist Frank Marino flaunted his Jimi Hendrix fetish to extreme effects, going as far as saying the spirit of the great axeman entered his body shortly after his death in 1970, resulting in a transfer of talent and ideas.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Lucinda Williams – Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone (2014)
- Manhattan Transfer’s Tim Hauser: 10 Essential Performances
- Tomas Doncker + Yusef Komunyakaa – Big Apple Blues (2014)
- Burnt Belief (Porcupine Tree’s Colin Edwin + Jon Durant) – Etymology (2014)
- “Wet Side Story” (unreleased, 1996?): Steely Dan Sunday
- Cat Stevens, “Tell ‘Em I’m Gone” (2014): One Track Mind