Guitarist Frank Marino flaunted his Jimi Hendrix fetish to extreme effects, going as far as saying the spirit of the great axeman entered his body shortly after his death in 1970, resulting in a transfer of talent and ideas.
The Latest from Something Else!
- In celebration of the Evan Parker Electro-Acoustic Ensemble’s complex, trippy The Moment’s Energy
- Chicago, “Poem for the People” from Chicago II (1970): Saturdays in the Park
- Wilco (The Album) echoed, but didn’t quite live up to Sky Blue Sky
- Deerhoof – The Magic (2016)
- Scott Amendola and Wil Blades announce crowdfunding campaign for a debut Amendola vs. Blades album
- Milton Marsh – Monism (2016)
- Marquis Hill – The Way We Play (2016)
Trending Right Now
- The Beatles, "Lovely Rita" from <i>Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band</i> (1967): Deep Beatles 13 comments
- Did Emerson Lake and Palmer almost lose Keith Emerson to Yes? 6 comments
- Yes, "Cans and Brahms" from <i>Fragile</i> (1971): YESterdays 6 comments
- Unreleased Songs by Bob Dylan: Gimme Five 4 comments
- The Beatles, "I'll Follow the Sun" from <i>Beatles for Sale</i> (1964): Deep Beatles 4 comments
- The Beatles, "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party" from <i>Beatles for Sale</i> (1964): Deep Beatles 4 comments