Annie Dressner’s voice has a twilight poignancy, this majestic loneliness, and nowhere on her forthcoming release Strangers Who Knew Each Others Names is that more true than on its title track.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Badfinger’s stirring music has outlived their many tragedies
- Miles Davis’ brilliant, misunderstood Bitches Brew broke every rule: ‘An art form unto itself’
- Frank Sinatra, “Only the Lonely” from Ultimate Sinatra (2015): One Track Mind
- Overly Polite Tornadoes – When You Wake Up (2015)
- Royal Philharmonic with Gavin Harrison + Guthrie Govan, “21st Century Schizoid Man” (2015): Exclusive stream
- Matthew Shipp on David S. Ware, unusual collaborations + the Miles Davis Paradigm