Using bright, open-minded up-and-coming musicians much as Miles had done throughout his career, Weiss through Point of Departure very effectively uses a forgotten, fertile slice of jazz’s past to suggest a way forward.
Trending Right Now
The Latest from Something Else!
- Florentine Opera Company, March 17, 2017: Shows I’ll Never Forget
- Toto, “Lea” from Fahrenheit (1986): Toto Tuesdays
- Eric Bibb – Migration Blues (2017)
- Roxy Coss – Chasing The Unicorn (2017)
- Chicago Edge Ensemble, “Decaying Orbit,” from Decaying Orbit (2017): One Track Mind
- Jeff Lorber Fusion – Prototype (2017)
- Swifty’s Bazaar, “Shopping Bug” from Everything You Hear Is For Sale (2017): One Track Mind