What you get when DeJohnette combines with guys named Coltrane and Garrison doesn’t exactly square up with the mental picture (or rather, mental music) most jazzbos might imagine when those three names are put together. Nonetheless, ‘In Movement’ is no less gratifying.
Trending Right Now
The Latest from Something Else!
- Modern Art and the Art of the EP, from R.E.M., Let’s Active, Bangles + others: Shadows in Stereo
- Yes, “Man in a White Car” from Drama (1980): YESterdays
- Biscay – Burnt Mementos EP (2017)
- Adam Steffeck, fingerstyle guitarist: Something Else! Interview
- Chuck Berry, June 1972: Shows I’ll Never Forget
- Matt Nelson, Tim Dahl, Nick Podgurski – GRID (2017)
- John Zorn’s Simulacrum – The Garden of Earthly Delights (2017)