Typically if you want to find the truly forward-thinking jazz pianist these days, you have to go out to whack jazz, where you’ll find visionaries like Matthew Shipp.
The Latest from Something Else!
- James Leg – Below The Belt (2015)
- Every copy of Rush’s underrated Roll the Bones reveals something new
- Michael Sherwood + Christian Nesmith, “Sally’s Ass” from Groovy Lemon Pie (2015)
- At first, Gregg Rolie wasn’t so sure about a classic Santana song: ‘What the hell do I do with this?’
- Supertramp, “School” from Crime of the Century (1974): One Track Mind
- Michael Bisio – Accortet (2015)
- Roger Waters created his solo masterwork with focused, trenchant Amused to Death
Trending Right Now
- Brian May talks about Adam Lambert's Queen transformation: 'He's really evolved, hugely' 68 comments
- Paul McCartney's overly mechanized <i>Press to Play</i> had one saving grace 33 comments
- Daryl Hall on the Hall and Oates song that should have been a hit: 'It didn’t get any response whatsoever' 32 comments
- Paul McCartney's guileless, but oft-criticized <i>Ram</i> was a handmade gem 32 comments
- Which Yardbirds guitarist was better? Ritchie Blackmore decides: 'He doesn’t have many ideas' 25 comments
- Paul McCartney says the Beatles used Motown as a template – for what not to do 15 comments