Over a 30-year career, Nick DeRiso has also explored music for USA Today, All About Jazz, Ultimate Classic Rock and a host of others. Honored as columnist of the year five times by the Associated Press, Louisiana Press Association and Louisiana Sports Writers Association, he oversaw a daily section named Top 10 in the nation by the AP before co-founding Something Else! Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Latest from Something Else!
- Bill Wyman, “What & How & If & When & Why” (2015): Something Else! sneak peek
- Journey, “I’ll Be Alright Without You” from Raised on Radio (1986): One Track Mind
- Levon Helm’s essential Band songs: Gimme Five
- Tom Tallitsch – All Together Now (2015)
- Yes, “Survival” from Yes (1969): YESterdays
- Los Lobos’ Kiko was a mysterious, completely transfixing triumph
- Often-forgotten David Gilmour was the Pink Floyd leader’s most varied solo effort
Trending Right Now
- Paul McCartney's guileless, but oft-criticized <i>Ram</i> was a handmade gem 26 comments
- Kiss' unmasked, very heavy <i>Revenge</i> was their last gasp of greatness 4 comments
- The Monkees once tricked critics into giving them a fair hearing: 'It's so funny' 4 comments
- With <i>McCartney II,</i> Paul McCartney attempted to tap into the new-wave zeitgeist 4 comments
- Two modern developments hurtled Hall and Oates back to prominence: 'It resonated with them' 4 comments
- Past the big hits, Dire Straits' <i>Brothers in Arms</i> offered a moving exploration on war 2 comments