photo: Don Getsug by S. Victor Aaron Unless they have already been a key player in an established band, debut album of jazz solo artists tend to be uninspired affairs. Not yet finding their own identity, these neophytes often fall back on mimicking their major influences, making very competent but unexceptional records. Even most of the best musicians start offRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Jack Bruce + Gary Moore, Ginger Baker, others – Rockpalast: The 50th Birthday Concerts (2014)
- Nick DeRiso’s Best of 2014 (Rock + Roots): David Crosby, John Oates, Lloyd Cole
- Inside Phil Collins’ blatant rip off of Prince on ‘Sussudio': ‘Never ran away from that idea’
- Phil Ochs (1940-1976): An Appreciation
- Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour on taking over for Roger Waters: ‘Not a burden I was particularly relishing’
- Brian Setzer Orchestra – Christmas Comes Alive (2010): On Second Thought