by Nick DeRiso Even after a damaging season of loss, Neil Young remains, as always, restless and relentless — imbuing the modernistic, reverb-soaked “Le Noise” with a kind of anti-melancholy. He hasn’t stopped searching for light in the darkness and, even now, somehow never sounds quite the same from album to album. This time, Young partners with producer Daniel Lanois (PeterRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Byrds, “Mr. Tambourine Man” from The Only Folk Collection You’ll Ever Need (2014): One Track Mind
- Adrian Belew debuts his innovative FLUX app: ‘I’m never one to shut doors’
- Paul McCartney: Recording Sessions [1969-2013], by Luca Perasi: Books
- Yes – Open Your Eyes (1997): On Second Thought
- John Oates loves this crazy remake of Hall and Oates’ ‘Maneater': ‘It sounds great that way’
- Andreas Varady, “Do It Again” from Andreas Varady (2014): One Track Mind