by Nick DeRiso Even after a damaging season of loss, Neil Young remains, as always, restless and relentless — imbuing the modernistic, reverb-soaked “Le Noise” with a kind of anti-melancholy. He hasn’t stopped searching for light in the darkness and, even now, somehow never sounds quite the same from album to album. This time, Young partners with producer Daniel Lanois (PeterRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Nick DeRiso’s Best of 2014 (Rock + Roots): David Crosby, John Oates, Lloyd Cole
- Inside Phil Collins’ blatant rip off of Prince on ‘Sussudio': ‘Never ran away from that idea’
- Phil Ochs (1940-1976): An Appreciation
- Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour on taking over for Roger Waters: ‘Not a burden I was particularly relishing’
- Brian Setzer Orchestra – Christmas Comes Alive (2010): On Second Thought
- Wayne Krantz, “U Can’t Touch This” from Good Piranha, Bad Piranha (2014): One Track Mind