Even after a damaging season of loss, Neil Young remains, as always, restless and relentless — imbuing the modernistic, reverb-soaked “Le Noise” with a kind of anti-melancholy. He hasn’t stopped searching for light in the darkness and, even now, somehow never sounds quite the same from album to album. This time, Young partners with producer Daniel Lanois (Peter Gabriel, the NevilleRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Adrian Belew’s Mr. Music Head was more than ‘Oh Daddy’ : ‘Don’t think I’ve played it again’
- JD Allen, “A Throng of Millions Can Be One” from Bloom (2015): One Track Mind
- Bob Dylan kept things low key, personal on Together Through Life
- Steve Hackett, Rob Reed, Nick Beggs + others, “Spectral Mornings” (2015): One Track Mind
- Roger Waters discusses the Beatles’ impact on Pink Floyd: ‘There was a value in that freedom’
- Badfinger’s stirring music has outlived their many tragedies