by Pico “Different and original,” “Blur(s) stylistic boundaries,” “developed a new music all her own” are phrases that have been used to describe the music of San Francisco Bay area trumpeter and singer Sarah Wilson. Those are just the phrases that popped in my mind as soon as I popped Trapeze Project into the CD player for the first time.Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Band, “Christmas Must Be Tonight” (1977): Across the Great Divide
- Bryan Murray – Balto! (2014)
- Ramsey Lewis, “Here Comes Santa Claus” (1961): One Track Mind
- Dennis DeYoung offers a sharp rebuke to Styx’s latest Hall of Fame snub: ‘To each his own’
- D’Angelo and the Vanguard – Black Messiah (2014)
- Smokey Robinson still thrilled by George Harrison’s long-ago tribute: ‘A wonderful, flattering thing’