by S. Victor Aaron Cello virtuoso Erik Friedlander must have found a second wind at 50 years old because yesterday he released his second album of all new material as many months. The album, incidentally, is called Fifty: 50 Miniatures For Improvising Quintet and in Friedlander’s typically atypical fashion, it introduces a concept he hadn’t tried on any album heRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Peter Gabriel, “What Lies Ahead” (2014): Something Else! sneak peek
- Foo Fighters – Sonic Highways (2014)
- The Yardbirds were changed forever when Jeff Beck fell ill: ‘It was two lead guitars from then on’
- Steve Earle, “You’re the Best Lover that I Ever Had” (2015): Something Else! sneak peek
- Steely Dan’s Gaucho: An album doomed from the start?
- Steve Cropper shares the secret to his remarkable output with Stax: ‘Everyone was there for the same reason’