by S. Victor Aaron Cello virtuoso Erik Friedlander must have found a second wind at 50 years old because yesterday he released his second album of all new material as many months. The album, incidentally, is called Fifty: 50 Miniatures For Improvising Quintet and in Friedlander’s typically atypical fashion, it introduces a concept he hadn’t tried on any album heRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Joe Cocker stands as the last of the great interpreters: ‘It was stunning’
- Is the end nearing for Neil Young and Crazy Horse?: ‘I don’t know how to put it in words’
- Larry Carlton, “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” (2014): One Track Mind
- Fred Phillips’ Best of 2014 (Hard Rock + Metal): Judas Priest, Down, Alestorm, Grand Magus
- Roger Taylor hates the new Queen Forever compilation: ‘It’s bloody miserable!’
- Red Garland Trio, “On Green Dolphin Street” from Swingin’ on the Korner (2015)