by S. Victor Aaron Cello virtuoso Erik Friedlander must have found a second wind at 50 years old because yesterday he released his second album of all new material as many months. The album, incidentally, is called Fifty: 50 Miniatures For Improvising Quintet and in Friedlander’s typically atypical fashion, it introduces a concept he hadn’t tried on any album heRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Kenny Wheeler – Songs For Quintet (2015)
- Adrian Belew’s brilliant Side One was a journey through his entire musical history
- Robert Earl Keen, “Footprints in the Snow” from Happy Prisoner (2015): One Track Mind
- Marianne Solivan – Spark (2014)
- Nils Lofgren’s ready for Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band’s return: ‘Some hope that lingers’
- Kenosha Kid, “Mushmouth” from Inside Voices (2015): Something Else! sneak peek