photo: Jason Quigley by S. Victor Aaron Although we don’t really cover indie rock on our little corner of the blogzine world, I’m often intrigued by musicians who approach jazz from the indie angle. They don’t swing and they usually don’t try to dazzle with labored technique. Most times the compositions aren’t these tedious, multi-sectioned pieces with the intricacies ofRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Henry Threadgill Zooid – In For a Penny, In For a Pound (2015)
- Pete Townshend on why the Who lends itself to classical reinterpretation: ‘Pulled all the stops’
- Those Pretty Wrongs (feat. Big Star’s Jody Stephens), “Lucky Guy” (2015): One Track Mind
- Two modern developments hurtled Hall and Oates back to prominence: ‘It resonated with them’
- Close as You Get found Gary Moore at the top of his blues game
- Incognito, “Send Your Love” (2015): One Track Mind