photo: Jason Quigley by S. Victor Aaron Although we don’t really cover indie rock on our little corner of the blogzine world, I’m often intrigued by musicians who approach jazz from the indie angle. They don’t swing and they usually don’t try to dazzle with labored technique. Most times the compositions aren’t these tedious, multi-sectioned pieces with the intricacies ofRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Manhattan Transfer’s Tim Hauser: 10 Essential Performances
- Tomas Doncker + Yusef Komunyakaa – Big Apple Blues (2014)
- Burnt Belief (Porcupine Tree’s Colin Edwin + Jon Durant) – Etymology (2014)
- “Wet Side Story” (unreleased, 1996?): Steely Dan Sunday
- Cat Stevens, “Tell ‘Em I’m Gone” (2014): One Track Mind
- James Williamson – Re-Licked (2014)