photo: Jason Quigley by S. Victor Aaron Although we don’t really cover indie rock on our little corner of the blogzine world, I’m often intrigued by musicians who approach jazz from the indie angle. They don’t swing and they usually don’t try to dazzle with labored technique. Most times the compositions aren’t these tedious, multi-sectioned pieces with the intricacies ofRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Adrian Belew’s Mr. Music Head was more than ‘Oh Daddy’ : ‘Don’t think I’ve played it again’
- JD Allen, “A Throng of Millions Can Be One” from Bloom (2015): One Track Mind
- Bob Dylan kept things low key, personal on Together Through Life
- Steve Hackett, Rob Reed, Nick Beggs + others, “Spectral Mornings” (2015): One Track Mind
- Roger Waters discusses the Beatles’ impact on Pink Floyd: ‘There was a value in that freedom’
- Badfinger’s stirring music has outlived their many tragedies