photo: Jason Quigley by S. Victor Aaron Although we don’t really cover indie rock on our little corner of the blogzine world, I’m often intrigued by musicians who approach jazz from the indie angle. They don’t swing and they usually don’t try to dazzle with labored technique. Most times the compositions aren’t these tedious, multi-sectioned pieces with the intricacies ofRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Keith Jarrett, Charlie Haden + Paul Motian – Hamburg ’72 (2014)
- Levon Helm, Bob Dylan remain unlikely heroes of The Last Waltz: Across the Great Divide
- Cracker – Berkeley to Bakersfield (2014)
- Tom Petty remembers the mystery, joy of the Traveling Wilburys: ‘We made that record for us’
- Mabel Greer’s Toyshop, “Electric Funeral” from New Way Of Life (2015): One Track Mind
- Novellino / Rosi / Mazurek / Barnes – Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear (2014)