photo: Jason Quigley by S. Victor Aaron Although we don’t really cover indie rock on our little corner of the blogzine world, I’m often intrigued by musicians who approach jazz from the indie angle. They don’t swing and they usually don’t try to dazzle with labored technique. Most times the compositions aren’t these tedious, multi-sectioned pieces with the intricacies ofRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Aerial – Why Don’t They Teach Heartbreak at School? (2014)
- Eric Bibb – Blues People (2014)
- Hydra may be the best Toto album you’ve never heard: ‘That’s a cult classic!’
- Flying Colors, “A Place in Your World” from Second Nature (2014): One Track Mind
- Thirty Steps to Forward – The Bird and The Fool (2009): On Second Thought
- John Oates picks his favorite Daryl Hall song: ‘It’s so interesting musically’