photo: Jason Quigley by S. Victor Aaron Although we don’t really cover indie rock on our little corner of the blogzine world, I’m often intrigued by musicians who approach jazz from the indie angle. They don’t swing and they usually don’t try to dazzle with labored technique. Most times the compositions aren’t these tedious, multi-sectioned pieces with the intricacies ofRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Nick DeRiso’s Best of 2014 (Blues, R&B + Jazz): D’Angelo, Paul Rodgers, Branford Marsalis
- Butcher Brown, “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” (2014): One Track Mind
- Best Steely Dan keyboard performances: Steely Dan Sunday
- Tinsley Ellis, “Pawnbroker [Live]” from Best of Tinsley Ellis (2014): One Track Mind
- David Lee Roth selects his favorite Van Halen album: ‘That’s my ticket; my entry fee’
- Whitey Morgan – Grandpa’s Guitar (2014)