by Pico When we last visited the music of the brilliant bassist and composer William Parker three years ago, he was putting his poetry to his music on Corn Meal Dance. Yesterday, he introduced a new album that again revolves around poetry but this time it’s based on the poetic music of Curtis Mayfield. I Plan To Stay A Believer:Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- ZZ Top, “I Thank You” (1979): Thanksgiving One Track Mind
- Micky Dolenz says the Hollywood Vampires started out as something else entirely
- Sanctuary – The Year the Sun Died (2014)
- Keith Jarrett + Charlie Haden and Paul Motian – Hamburg ’72 (2014)
- Levon Helm, Bob Dylan remain unlikely heroes of The Last Waltz: Across the Great Divide
- Cracker – Berkeley to Bakersfield (2014)