by Pico When we last visited the music of the brilliant bassist and composer William Parker three years ago, he was putting his poetry to his music on Corn Meal Dance. Yesterday, he introduced a new album that again revolves around poetry but this time it’s based on the poetic music of Curtis Mayfield. I Plan To Stay A Believer:Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Silk Degrees launched Boz Scaggs’ solo career, and Toto too: ‘So much talent and invention’
- The Jackson 5 – The Ultimate Collection (1996): On Second Thought
- Luckless UK issued the wildly underrated Danger Money just as prog fell apart
- Daryl Hall + Robert Fripp, “Babs and Babs / Urban Landscape” from Sacred Songs (1980)
- BoDeans, “Slave” from I Can’t Stop (2015): One Track Mind
- Gutsy and diverse, Led Zeppelin’s Houses of the Holy remains unfairly overlooked