by Pico As the most popular pop band of all time, it naturally follows that the Beatles have been the most-covered band of all time. Their songs’ popularity has extended into every form of music, and that greasy, soulful organ jazz has been no exception. Before the Beatles were even history, Lonnie Smith was covering “Eleanor Rigby” and Charles EarlandRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Daryl Hall on how MTV ruined a huge Hall and Oates hit: ‘It was really, really frustrating’
- Sonny Landreth, “Bound by the Blues” (2015): One Track Mind
- Fleetwood Mac’s overlong Say You Will sorely missed Christine McVie
- Indigo Girls, “Happy in the Sorrow Key” from One Lost Day (2015): One Track Mind
- Geoff Downes discusses Yes’ challenges in replacing Jon Anderson: ‘There’s a certain resentment’
- Gary Burton in Nashville: 1960’s Tennessee Firebird was a fusion album like no other