by Pico As the most popular pop band of all time, it naturally follows that the Beatles have been the most-covered band of all time. Their songs’ popularity has extended into every form of music, and that greasy, soulful organ jazz has been no exception. Before the Beatles were even history, Lonnie Smith was covering “Eleanor Rigby” and Charles EarlandRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Bruce Springsteen, “Lost in the Flood” (1973): Deep Cuts
- Ides of March set for return, with Steve Cropper: ‘It’s just a major thrill’
- Leon Alvarado with Trey Gunn + Jerry Marotta – 2014: Music from an Expanded Universe (2014)
- Video of Johnny Winter’s final session finds him in legendary form
- Bob Dylan and the Band, “Ain’t No More Cane [Take 2]” (1967): One Track Mind
- An intriguing launch point, Trespass is Genesis’ forgotten album: ‘I guess, because it’s so early’