by Mark Saleski A friend of mine, who is just beginning to dip his toe into the pool of jazz, asked me if I thought he was “ready” for Bitches Brew. That’s a tricky question, no matter who is doing the asking. The generic answer, suitable for use in nearly any situation, is a definite “maybe.” Some might say it’sRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Byrds, “Mr. Tambourine Man” from The Only Folk Collection You’ll Ever Need (2014): One Track Mind
- Adrian Belew debuts his innovative FLUX app: ‘I’m never one to shut doors’
- Paul McCartney: Recording Sessions [1969-2013], by Luca Perasi: Books
- Yes – Open Your Eyes (1997): On Second Thought
- John Oates loves this crazy remake of Hall and Oates’ ‘Maneater': ‘It sounds great that way’
- Andreas Varady, “Do It Again” from Andreas Varady (2014): One Track Mind