by Mark Saleski A friend of mine, who is just beginning to dip his toe into the pool of jazz, asked me if I thought he was “ready” for Bitches Brew. That’s a tricky question, no matter who is doing the asking. The generic answer, suitable for use in nearly any situation, is a definite “maybe.” Some might say it’sRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Manhattan Transfer’s Tim Hauser: 10 Essential Performances
- Tomas Doncker + Yusef Komunyakaa – Big Apple Blues (2014)
- Burnt Belief (Porcupine Tree’s Colin Edwin + Jon Durant) – Etymology (2014)
- “Wet Side Story” (unreleased, 1996?): Steely Dan Sunday
- Cat Stevens, “Tell ‘Em I’m Gone” (2014): One Track Mind
- James Williamson – Re-Licked (2014)