by Mark Saleski A friend of mine, who is just beginning to dip his toe into the pool of jazz, asked me if I thought he was “ready” for Bitches Brew. That’s a tricky question, no matter who is doing the asking. The generic answer, suitable for use in nearly any situation, is a definite “maybe.” Some might say it’sRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Steely Dan’s Gaucho: An album doomed from the start?
- Steve Cropper shares the secret to his remarkable output with Stax: ‘Everyone was there for the same reason’
- Toto has concluded work on a new studio album: ‘It harkens back to another era’
- Levon Helm, “False Hearted Lover Blues” from Dirt Farmer (2007): Across the Great Divide
- Carmela Rappazzo, jazz vocalist: Something Else! Interview
- Robert Fripp announces new King Crimson live set: ‘We’re just completing the mix’