by Mark Saleski A friend of mine, who is just beginning to dip his toe into the pool of jazz, asked me if I thought he was “ready” for Bitches Brew. That’s a tricky question, no matter who is doing the asking. The generic answer, suitable for use in nearly any situation, is a definite “maybe.” Some might say it’sRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Joe Cocker stands as the last of the great interpreters: ‘It was stunning’
- Is the end nearing for Neil Young and Crazy Horse?: ‘I don’t know how to put it in words’
- Larry Carlton, “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” (2014): One Track Mind
- Fred Phillips’ Best of 2014 (Hard Rock + Metal): Judas Priest, Down, Alestorm, Grand Magus
- Roger Taylor hates the new Queen Forever compilation: ‘It’s bloody miserable!’
- Red Garland Trio, “On Green Dolphin Street” from Swingin’ on the Korner (2015)