We all know this, but sometimes we need to be reminded that Chicago is a mainstream rock band that was once a rock/jazz/blues/R&B/whack jazz band masquerading as a mainstream rock band. Wait a minute, you say, “whack jazz”???
The Latest from Something Else!
- Lucinda Williams – Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone (2014)
- Manhattan Transfer’s Tim Hauser: 10 Essential Performances
- Tomas Doncker + Yusef Komunyakaa – Big Apple Blues (2014)
- Burnt Belief (Porcupine Tree’s Colin Edwin + Jon Durant) – Etymology (2014)
- “Wet Side Story” (unreleased, 1996?): Steely Dan Sunday
- Cat Stevens, “Tell ‘Em I’m Gone” (2014): One Track Mind