By Nick DeRiso One of three jazz-legend siblings, Hank Jones was perhaps as unassuming as his brother Elvin (nine years younger, famously of the John Coltrane group) was the outsized extrovert. Feathery light, then concisely powerful at the piano, Hank concluded an intellectual, often overlooked eight-decade career on Sunday when he died at age 91. It wasn’t just because heRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Deep Purple – Live in Verona (2014)
- Bruce Springsteen, “Lost in the Flood” (1973): Deep Cuts
- Ides of March set for return, with Steve Cropper: ‘It’s just a major thrill’
- Leon Alvarado with Trey Gunn + Jerry Marotta – 2014: Music from an Expanded Universe (2014)
- Video of Johnny Winter’s final session finds him in legendary form
- Bob Dylan and the Band, “Ain’t No More Cane [Take 2]” (1967): One Track Mind