By Nick DeRiso One of three jazz-legend siblings, Hank Jones was perhaps as unassuming as his brother Elvin (nine years younger, famously of the John Coltrane group) was the outsized extrovert. Feathery light, then concisely powerful at the piano, Hank concluded an intellectual, often overlooked eight-decade career on Sunday when he died at age 91. It wasn’t just because heRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- ZZ Top, “I Thank You” (1979): Thanksgiving One Track Mind
- Micky Dolenz says the Hollywood Vampires started out as something else entirely
- Sanctuary – The Year the Sun Died (2014)
- Keith Jarrett + Charlie Haden and Paul Motian – Hamburg ’72 (2014)
- Levon Helm, Bob Dylan remain unlikely heroes of The Last Waltz: Across the Great Divide
- Cracker – Berkeley to Bakersfield (2014)