By Nick DeRiso One of three jazz-legend siblings, Hank Jones was perhaps as unassuming as his brother Elvin (nine years younger, famously of the John Coltrane group) was the outsized extrovert. Feathery light, then concisely powerful at the piano, Hank concluded an intellectual, often overlooked eight-decade career on Sunday when he died at age 91. It wasn’t just because heRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- A Halloween treat: Bob Dylan at Philharmonic Hall, New York City, October 31, 1964
- The Big Reveal: On movie plot points that change everything
- Warren Zevon, Talking Heads, Michael Jackson + others: Gimme Five, Halloween Edition
- Will Queen record with Adam Lambert next?: ‘I think it would be very interesting’
- Huntertones, “Theme from Jurassic Park” (2014): One Track Mind
- Bruce Springsteen, “Incident on 57th Street” (1973): Deep Cuts