by Pico Part Sonny Sharrock, part John Lee Hooker, James “Blood” Ulmer resides in his own unique space overlapping blues, whack jazz, straight jazz, rock, funk and a smattering of other forms. His ragged vocals and jagged guitar form a trademark weathered sound that’s sometimes calm, usually stormy and always unpredictable. We at SE tend to particularly like guitarists whoRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Steely Dan’s Gaucho: An album doomed from the start?
- Steve Cropper shares the secret to his remarkable output with Stax: ‘Everyone was there for the same reason’
- Toto has concluded work on a new studio album: ‘It harkens back to another era’
- Levon Helm, “False Hearted Lover Blues” from Dirt Farmer (2007): Across the Great Divide
- Carmela Rappazzo, jazz vocalist: Something Else! Interview
- Robert Fripp announces new King Crimson live set: ‘We’re just completing the mix’