by Pico Part Sonny Sharrock, part John Lee Hooker, James “Blood” Ulmer resides in his own unique space overlapping blues, whack jazz, straight jazz, rock, funk and a smattering of other forms. His ragged vocals and jagged guitar form a trademark weathered sound that’s sometimes calm, usually stormy and always unpredictable. We at SE tend to particularly like guitarists whoRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Ides of March set for return, with Steve Cropper: ‘It’s just a major thrill’
- Leon Alvarado with Trey Gunn + Jerry Marotta – 2014: Music from an Expanded Universe (2014)
- Video of Johnny Winter’s final session finds him in legendary form
- Bob Dylan and the Band, “Ain’t No More Cane [Take 2]” (1967): One Track Mind
- An intriguing launch point, Trespass is Genesis’ forgotten album: ‘I guess, because it’s so early’
- Arun Ramamurthy Trio – Jazz Carnatica (2014)