by Pico Part Sonny Sharrock, part John Lee Hooker, James “Blood” Ulmer resides in his own unique space overlapping blues, whack jazz, straight jazz, rock, funk and a smattering of other forms. His ragged vocals and jagged guitar form a trademark weathered sound that’s sometimes calm, usually stormy and always unpredictable. We at SE tend to particularly like guitarists whoRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Frank Sinatra, “Only the Lonely” from Ultimate Sinatra (2015): One Track Mind
- King Crimson’s brief, but important, double-trio era peaked with Thrak
- The Monkees – The Birds, the Bees and the Monkees (1968): On Second Thought
- Donny McCaslin – Fast Future (2015)
- John Oates on the thing he hates most about Hall and Oates: ‘Just be totally objective about it’
- Bruce Springsteen – Devils and Dust (2005): Gimme Five