by Pico Part Sonny Sharrock, part John Lee Hooker, James “Blood” Ulmer resides in his own unique space overlapping blues, whack jazz, straight jazz, rock, funk and a smattering of other forms. His ragged vocals and jagged guitar form a trademark weathered sound that’s sometimes calm, usually stormy and always unpredictable. We at SE tend to particularly like guitarists whoRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Robbie Robertson, “Broken Arrow” from Robbie Robertson (1987): Across the Great Divide
- Aerial – Why Don’t They Teach Heartbreak at School? (2014)
- Eric Bibb – Blues People (2014)
- Hydra may be the best Toto album you’ve never heard: ‘That’s a cult classic!’
- Flying Colors, “A Place in Your World” from Second Nature (2014): One Track Mind
- Thirty Steps to Forward – The Bird and The Fool (2009): On Second Thought