by Pico Part Sonny Sharrock, part John Lee Hooker, James “Blood” Ulmer resides in his own unique space overlapping blues, whack jazz, straight jazz, rock, funk and a smattering of other forms. His ragged vocals and jagged guitar form a trademark weathered sound that’s sometimes calm, usually stormy and always unpredictable. We at SE tend to particularly like guitarists whoRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Mabel Greer’s Toyshop, “Electric Funeral” from New Way Of Life (2015): One Track Mind
- Novellino / Rosi / Mazurek / Barnes – Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear (2014)
- The Byrds, “Mr. Tambourine Man” from The Only Folk Collection You’ll Ever Need (2014): One Track Mind
- Adrian Belew debuts his innovative FLUX app: ‘I’m never one to shut doors’
- Paul McCartney: Recording Sessions [1969-2013], by Luca Perasi: Books
- Yes – Open Your Eyes (1997): On Second Thought