by Pico Part Sonny Sharrock, part John Lee Hooker, James “Blood” Ulmer resides in his own unique space overlapping blues, whack jazz, straight jazz, rock, funk and a smattering of other forms. His ragged vocals and jagged guitar form a trademark weathered sound that’s sometimes calm, usually stormy and always unpredictable. We at SE tend to particularly like guitarists whoRead More
Trending Right Now
April 22, 2017
April 21, 2017
April 20, 2017
The Latest from Something Else!
- Toto, “Pamela” from The Seventh One (1988): Toto Tuesdays
- The Great Harry Hillman, “How To Dice An Onion” from Tilt (2017): Something Else! 360º video premiere
- Jenny Scheinman – Here on Earth (2017)
- Jimmy Greene – Flowers: Beautiful Life, Volume 2 (2017)
- The Bad Signs – Black Magic Moments: Record Store Day EP (2017)
- Chicago, “Just You ‘N’ Me” from Chicago VI (1973): Saturdays in the Park
- Is This the Best-Ever Prince Cover?