by Pico Part Sonny Sharrock, part John Lee Hooker, James “Blood” Ulmer resides in his own unique space overlapping blues, whack jazz, straight jazz, rock, funk and a smattering of other forms. His ragged vocals and jagged guitar form a trademark weathered sound that’s sometimes calm, usually stormy and always unpredictable. We at SE tend to particularly like guitarists whoRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Tinsley Ellis, “Pawnbroker [Live]” from Best of Tinsley Ellis (2014): One Track Mind
- David Lee Roth selects his favorite Van Halen album: ‘That’s my ticket; my entry fee’
- Whitey Morgan – Grandpa’s Guitar (2014)
- Inside Pink Floyd’s 1968 ban from Royal Albert Hall: ‘That didn’t go down at all well’
- Allan Harris – Black Bar Jukebox (2015)
- As Yardbirds regroup, their legend holds: ‘It’s very gratifying’