by Pico Part Sonny Sharrock, part John Lee Hooker, James “Blood” Ulmer resides in his own unique space overlapping blues, whack jazz, straight jazz, rock, funk and a smattering of other forms. His ragged vocals and jagged guitar form a trademark weathered sound that’s sometimes calm, usually stormy and always unpredictable. We at SE tend to particularly like guitarists whoRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Inside Deep Purple’s unique collaborative relationship with Ian Gillan: ‘We have a weird dynamic, but it works’
- Steve Earle, “Baby Baby Baby (Baby)” from Terraplane (2015): One Track Mind
- Garth Hudson, “Garth Largo” from Largo (1998): Across the Great Divide
- Ultimate Painting, “Riverside” (2015): One Track Mind
- Donna Deussen + Paul Weitz Trio – On the Street Where You Live (2015)
- Accordion Rock from the Who, Jethro Tull, John Mellencamp, others: Gimme Five