by Pico Part Sonny Sharrock, part John Lee Hooker, James “Blood” Ulmer resides in his own unique space overlapping blues, whack jazz, straight jazz, rock, funk and a smattering of other forms. His ragged vocals and jagged guitar form a trademark weathered sound that’s sometimes calm, usually stormy and always unpredictable. We at SE tend to particularly like guitarists whoRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Staple Singers, “Samson and Delilah” from Freedom Hwy. Complete (2015): One Track Mind
- Syberen van Munster – Plunge For Distance (2015)
- Midnight North – Stayin’ Single, Drinkin’ Doubles EP (2015)
- Ian Gillan on Deep Purple’s legendary lineup changes: ‘Our career was decided by tantrums’
- Steve Wilson, “Spheresophically” (2015): Exclusive Something Else! stream
- The Band, “She Knows” from High on the Hog (1996): Across the Great Divide