by Pico Part Sonny Sharrock, part John Lee Hooker, James “Blood” Ulmer resides in his own unique space overlapping blues, whack jazz, straight jazz, rock, funk and a smattering of other forms. His ragged vocals and jagged guitar form a trademark weathered sound that’s sometimes calm, usually stormy and always unpredictable. We at SE tend to particularly like guitarists whoRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- WKRP in Cincinnati: The Complete Series (2014): Television
- Are Hall and Oates yacht rockers?: ‘I don’t even know what that means’
- Northern Sugar, American Suitcase + others – International Pop Overthrow, Volume 17 (2014)
- Supertramp’s Crime of the Century set for deluxe reissue: ‘It has a wonderful feel to it’
- Syd Arthur – Sound Mirror (2014)
- Rock and Roll Highway: The Robbie Robertson Story, by Sebastian Robertson (2014): Books