by Pico Rufus Reid has never had the flamboyant, edgy comportment of, say, Charles Mingus, but for decades now, he’s been a first-call bassist for many of the finest jazz (and even non-jazz) musicians. Making his way to the top level of bottom pluckers via stints in the Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Orchestra, Dexter Gordon’s quartet and a co-led band withRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Waterboys, “Beautiful Now” from Modern Blues (2015): One Track Mind
- The Temptations – The Temptations Christmas Card (1970): On Second Thought
- Nick DeRiso’s Best of 2014 (Blues, R&B + Jazz): D’Angelo, Paul Rodgers, Branford Marsalis
- Butcher Brown, “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” (2014): One Track Mind
- Best Steely Dan keyboard performances: Steely Dan Sunday
- Tinsley Ellis, “Pawnbroker [Live]” from Best of Tinsley Ellis (2014): One Track Mind