by Pico Rufus Reid has never had the flamboyant, edgy comportment of, say, Charles Mingus, but for decades now, he’s been a first-call bassist for many of the finest jazz (and even non-jazz) musicians. Making his way to the top level of bottom pluckers via stints in the Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Orchestra, Dexter Gordon’s quartet and a co-led band withRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Band, “Let the Night Fall” from Islands (1977): Across the Great Divide
- Mavis Staples, “Your Good Fortune” (2015): One Track Mind
- Aerosmith’s ‘Nobody’s Fault,’ ‘Movin’ Out,’ ‘Taste of India,’ others: Deep Cuts
- Ringo Starr – Postcards from Paradise (2015)
- Jose James – Yesterday I Had the Blues: The Music of Billie Holiday (2015)
- Nick Mason is still disappointed Pink Floyd’s not on tour: ‘It would be nice if we could do it’