by Pico Rufus Reid has never had the flamboyant, edgy comportment of, say, Charles Mingus, but for decades now, he’s been a first-call bassist for many of the finest jazz (and even non-jazz) musicians. Making his way to the top level of bottom pluckers via stints in the Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Orchestra, Dexter Gordon’s quartet and a co-led band withRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Peter Gabriel, “What Lies Ahead” (2014): Something Else! sneak peek
- Foo Fighters – Sonic Highways (2014)
- The Yardbirds were changed forever when Jeff Beck fell ill: ‘It was two lead guitars from then on’
- Steve Earle, “You’re the Best Lover that I Ever Had” (2015): Something Else! sneak peek
- Steely Dan’s Gaucho: An album doomed from the start?
- Steve Cropper shares the secret to his remarkable output with Stax: ‘Everyone was there for the same reason’