by Pico Rufus Reid has never had the flamboyant, edgy comportment of, say, Charles Mingus, but for decades now, he’s been a first-call bassist for many of the finest jazz (and even non-jazz) musicians. Making his way to the top level of bottom pluckers via stints in the Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Orchestra, Dexter Gordon’s quartet and a co-led band withRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Adrian Belew’s brilliant Side One was a journey through his entire musical history
- Robert Earl Keen, “Footprints in the Snow” from Happy Prisoner (2015): One Track Mind
- Marianne Solivan – Spark (2014)
- Nils Lofgren’s ready for Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band’s return: ‘Some hope that lingers’
- Kenosha Kid, “Mushmouth” from Inside Voices (2015): Something Else! sneak peek
- Rare Earth – The Millennium Collection: The Best Of Rare Earth (2001): On Second Thought