by Nick DeRiso Bassist Charles Mingus, an enlightening yet stormy presence, clearly felt he had unfinished business with some of his earlier work. So, he used “Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus” and a move to the more creatively open Impulse! label to take another pass at them. That turned into a dramatic remodeling project for Mingus. In fact, he ripsRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Bruce Springsteen – Human Touch / Lucky Town (1992): Deep Cuts
- Ron Sexsmith, “Can’t Get My Act Together” from Carousel One (2015)
- Yes, “Looking Around” from Yes (1969): YESterdays
- Silk Degrees launched Boz Scaggs’ solo career, and Toto too: ‘So much talent and invention’
- The Jackson 5 – The Ultimate Collection (1996): On Second Thought
- Luckless UK issued the wildly underrated Danger Money just as prog fell apart