by Nick DeRiso Bassist Charles Mingus, an enlightening yet stormy presence, clearly felt he had unfinished business with some of his earlier work. So, he used “Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus” and a move to the more creatively open Impulse! label to take another pass at them. That turned into a dramatic remodeling project for Mingus. In fact, he ripsRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Bud Powell – Live At The Blue Note Café, Paris 1961 (2014 reissue)
- Robbie Robertson, “Broken Arrow” from Robbie Robertson (1987): Across the Great Divide
- Aerial – Why Don’t They Teach Heartbreak at School? (2014)
- Eric Bibb – Blues People (2014)
- Hydra may be the best Toto album you’ve never heard: ‘That’s a cult classic!’
- Flying Colors, “A Place in Your World” from Second Nature (2014): One Track Mind