by S. Victor Aaron I’m not one of those critics who creates a “best of” list by merely dumping a bunch of names and titles. But I felt a need to explain that because this list of mainstream and modern jazz from the past year has 41 entrants on it. And yet, I left out some albums I would stillRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Spirit – The Best of Spirit (1973): On Second Thought
- Henry Threadgill Zooid – In For a Penny, In For a Pound (2015)
- Pete Townshend on why the Who lends itself to classical reinterpretation: ‘Pulled all the stops’
- Those Pretty Wrongs (feat. Big Star’s Jody Stephens), “Lucky Guy” (2015): One Track Mind
- Two modern developments hurtled Hall and Oates back to prominence: ‘It resonated with them’
- Close as You Get found Gary Moore at the top of his blues game