by S. Victor Aaron I’m not one of those critics who creates a “best of” list by merely dumping a bunch of names and titles. But I felt a need to explain that because this list of mainstream and modern jazz from the past year has 41 entrants on it. And yet, I left out some albums I would stillRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Whitey Morgan – Grandpa’s Guitar (2014)
- Inside Pink Floyd’s 1968 ban from Royal Albert Hall: ‘That didn’t go down at all well’
- Allan Harris – Black Bar Jukebox (2015)
- As Yardbirds regroup, their legend holds: ‘It’s very gratifying’
- Jimmy Rushing, “Good Morning Blues” (1937): One Track Mind
- Monkees’ Micky Dolenz still struggles with Davy Jones’ absence: ‘He’s irreplaceable’