by Pico With a review in April of last year, another one this past July, and an entry in my year-end “best of” list, I could be accused of being a shill for big fan of Umphrey’s McGee, but there’s few bands in rock who combines musicianship, melody and humor as well as these guys from Chicago. If you’re aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Bruce Springsteen – The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995): Gimme Five
- The Kinks – Sunny Afternoon: The Very Best of (2015)
- Steely Dan’s ‘Black Friday’ provides a perfectly nonsensical soundtrack for today
- Mats Gustafsson, on the state of jazz: Something Else! Interview
- Phil Collins found himself at a crossroads with Hello, I Must Be Going!
- The folkiest moment on Queen’s Night at the Opera was still a trip
- Daniel Davies + Sebastian Robertson – Condemned (2015)
Trending Right Now
- Brian May talks about Adam Lambert's Queen transformation: 'He's really evolved, hugely' 68 comments
- Paul McCartney's overly mechanized <i>Press to Play</i> had one saving grace 38 comments
- Paul McCartney's guileless, but oft-criticized <i>Ram</i> was a handmade gem 33 comments
- Daryl Hall on the Hall and Oates song that should have been a hit: 'It didn’t get any response whatsoever' 32 comments
- Which Yardbirds guitarist was better? Ritchie Blackmore decides: 'He doesn’t have many ideas' 28 comments
- The Beatles' <i>Abbey Road</i> wasn't just a showcase for Paul McCartney 17 comments