by Pico With a review in April of last year, another one this past July, and an entry in my year-end “best of” list, I could be accused of being a shill for big fan of Umphrey’s McGee, but there’s few bands in rock who combines musicianship, melody and humor as well as these guys from Chicago. If you’re aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Alfred Hitchcock’s Vertigo: How the Flashback Scene Almost Vanished Forever
- 1965: The Most Revolutionary Year in Music, by Andrew Grant Jackson (2015): Books
- Deadly Orgone Radiation – Power Trips (2015)
- The Beatles, “Like Dreamers Do” (Decca Audition, 1962): Deep Beatles
- Yes’ patched-together homecoming project Union never lived up to its promise
- There’s a reason the Monkees’ Micky Dolenz plays drums that way: ‘I know it’s bizarre’