The finest of the tracks here point to a musical sensibility that’s a touch too ribald for Crowded House. Tim Finn, who had recently left after a short association with brother Neil’s band, experiments with a number of far-out sounds: A processed background vocal on “Can’t Do Both”; the fuzzy bassline, and crazy keyboard counterpoint, on “I Found It”; aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- D’Angelo and the Vanguard – Black Messiah (2014)
- Smokey Robinson still thrilled by George Harrison’s long-ago tribute: ‘A wonderful, flattering thing’
- Ian Gillan joined Black Sabbath after a night at legendary pub: ‘Did that happen? What happened?’
- Coming back together ‘with some fresh perspective,’ Wilco announces 2015 tour dates
- Stevie Ray Vaughan became blues’ unlikely savior on way to Hall of Fame glory
- Bill Withers built a Hall of Fame career by challenging convention