The finest of the tracks here point to a musical sensibility that’s a touch too ribald for Crowded House. Tim Finn, who had recently left after a short association with brother Neil’s band, experiments with a number of far-out sounds: A processed background vocal on “Can’t Do Both”; the fuzzy bassline, and crazy keyboard counterpoint, on “I Found It”; aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Jackson 5 – The Ultimate Collection (1996): On Second Thought
- Luckless UK issued the wildly underrated Danger Money just as prog fell apart
- Daryl Hall + Robert Fripp, “Babs and Babs / Urban Landscape” from Sacred Songs (1980)
- BoDeans, “Slave” from I Can’t Stop (2015): One Track Mind
- Gutsy and diverse, Led Zeppelin’s Houses of the Holy remains unfairly overlooked
- Slash explains why Bob Dylan once refused to use his solo: ‘For me … the ultimate compliment’