The finest of the tracks here point to a musical sensibility that’s a touch too ribald for Crowded House. Tim Finn, who had recently left after a short association with brother Neil’s band, experiments with a number of far-out sounds: A processed background vocal on “Can’t Do Both”; the fuzzy bassline, and crazy keyboard counterpoint, on “I Found It”; aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Jon Anderson and Jean-Luc Ponty collaborative CD/DVD readied for release; tour dates announced.
- Merzbow/Pandi/Gustafsson with Thurston Moore – Cuts of Guilt, Cuts Deeper (2015)
- Toto, “99” from Hydra (1979) Toto Tuesdays
- Yes’ Chris Squire was the quintessential rock star and consummate musician
- Kait Dunton – trioKAIT (2015)
- The Time, “Donald Trump [Black Version]” (1990): One Track Mind
- John Wetton’s complex relationship with a signature Asia tune: ‘American guys went: Yes!’
Trending Right Now
- Brian May talks about Adam Lambert's Queen transformation: 'He's really evolved, hugely' 67 comments
- Daryl Hall on the Hall and Oates song that should have been a hit: 'It didn’t get any response whatsoever' 31 comments
- Paul McCartney's guileless, but oft-criticized <i>Ram</i> was a handmade gem 29 comments
- Which Yardbirds guitarist was better? Ritchie Blackmore decides: 'He doesn’t have many ideas' 25 comments
- Paul McCartney says the Beatles used Motown as a template – for what not to do 13 comments
- Daryl Hall on how MTV ruined a huge Hall and Oates hit: 'It was really, really frustrating' 12 comments