The finest of the tracks here point to a musical sensibility that’s a touch too ribald for Crowded House. Tim Finn, who had recently left after a short association with brother Neil’s band, experiments with a number of far-out sounds: A processed background vocal on “Can’t Do Both”; the fuzzy bassline, and crazy keyboard counterpoint, on “I Found It”; aRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Yes – Open Your Eyes (1997): On Second Thought
- John Oates loves this crazy remake of Hall and Oates’ ‘Maneater': ‘It sounds great that way’
- Andreas Varady, “Do It Again” from Andreas Varady (2014): One Track Mind
- Jerry Giddens + Killeen Foundry – Damn It Abby! (2014)
- Evan Parker, John Edwards + others, November 20, 2014: Shows I’ll Never Forget
- Velvet Underground, “Sweet Jane [Early Version]” (2014) : One Track Mind