by Pico There’s been plenty of records made saluting the musical achievements of Frank Zappa, so why not make a record in tribute of his original drummer, Jimmy Carl Black? That’s what Jon Larsen asked…and answered. Larsen is probably best known as one of the two guitarists in the long-running gypsy swing revival quartet, Hot Club De Novege. On theRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- How the Beatles’ Magical Mystery Tour was almost, but not quite, saved
- Bruce Springsteen – The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995): Gimme Five
- The Kinks – Sunny Afternoon: The Very Best of (2015)
- Steely Dan’s ‘Black Friday’ provides a perfectly nonsensical soundtrack for today
- Mats Gustafsson, on the state of jazz: Something Else! Interview
- Phil Collins found himself at a crossroads with Hello, I Must Be Going!
- The folkiest moment on Queen’s Night at the Opera was still a trip
Trending Right Now
- Brian May talks about Adam Lambert's Queen transformation: 'He's really evolved, hugely' 68 comments
- Paul McCartney's overly mechanized <i>Press to Play</i> had one saving grace 38 comments
- Paul McCartney's guileless, but oft-criticized <i>Ram</i> was a handmade gem 33 comments
- Daryl Hall on the Hall and Oates song that should have been a hit: 'It didn’t get any response whatsoever' 32 comments
- Which Yardbirds guitarist was better? Ritchie Blackmore decides: 'He doesn’t have many ideas' 28 comments
- The Beatles' <i>Abbey Road</i> wasn't just a showcase for Paul McCartney 17 comments