NICK DERISO: “Whatever happened,” Van Morrison, erstwhile pop singer, old-soul blues gypsy, entertainer-slash-provocateur, sings here, “to the way it’s supposed to happen? And whatever happened to me?” Much, in fact, has happened. Morrison, it’s worth noting, could have settled in as a fixture on pop music’s hit-machine dead end after scoring big with “Brown Eyed Girl” and the still-scrappy “Gloria,”Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Donny McCaslin – Fast Future (2015)
- King Crimson’s brief, but important, double-trio era peaked with Thrak
- John Oates on the thing he hates most about Hall and Oates: ‘Just be totally objective about it’
- Todd Rundgren, “You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away” (2015): Exclusive advance stream
- John Manning – White Bear (1971): Forgotten Series
- Otis Taylor, “Cold at Midnight” from Hey Joe Opus / Red Meat (2015): One Track Mind