No, the Fireman projects don’t represent Paul McCartney’s first forays into experimental pop since the Beatles busted up. The difference between this — by far the most successful of a now three-part series — and, say, 1980’s “McCartney II” is that Paul has someone to bounce ideas off of. There is another voice in the room, much like John Lennon,Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Northern Sugar, American Suitcase + others – International Pop Overthrow, Volume 17 (2014)
- Supertramp’s Crime of the Century set for deluxe reissue: ‘It has a wonderful feel to it’
- Syd Arthur – Sound Mirror (2014)
- Rock and Roll Highway: The Robbie Robertson Story, by Sebastian Robertson (2014): Books
- Lucinda Williams – Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone (2014)
- Manhattan Transfer’s Tim Hauser: 10 Essential Performances