by Nick Deriso Hall and Oates are, of course, the poster boys for what happens when hair gel meets R&B. Funny thing is, they were originally anything but polished. Hall had reportedly been in an early Philly band with Thom Bell, later a central figure in that city’s R&B legacy. Along the way, H&O tried out an acoustic bent onRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Eric Bibb – Blues People (2014)
- Hydra may be the best Toto album you’ve never heard: ‘That’s a cult classic!’
- Flying Colors, “A Place in Your World” from Second Nature (2014): One Track Mind
- Thirty Steps to Forward – The Bird and The Fool (2009): On Second Thought
- John Oates picks his favorite Daryl Hall song: ‘It’s so interesting musically’
- Ferenc Nemeth and Attila Laszlo [featuring the Yellowjackets' Jimmy Haslip + Russell Ferrante] – Bridges of Souls (2014)