by Nick Deriso Hall and Oates are, of course, the poster boys for what happens when hair gel meets R&B. Funny thing is, they were originally anything but polished. Hall had reportedly been in an early Philly band with Thom Bell, later a central figure in that city’s R&B legacy. Along the way, H&O tried out an acoustic bent onRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Tinsley Ellis, “Pawnbroker [Live]” from Best of Tinsley Ellis (2014): One Track Mind
- David Lee Roth selects his favorite Van Halen album: ‘That’s my ticket; my entry fee’
- Whitey Morgan – Grandpa’s Guitar (2014)
- Inside Pink Floyd’s 1968 ban from Royal Albert Hall: ‘That didn’t go down at all well’
- Allan Harris – Black Bar Jukebox (2015)
- As Yardbirds regroup, their legend holds: ‘It’s very gratifying’