by Nick Deriso Hall and Oates are, of course, the poster boys for what happens when hair gel meets R&B. Funny thing is, they were originally anything but polished. Hall had reportedly been in an early Philly band with Thom Bell, later a central figure in that city’s R&B legacy. Along the way, H&O tried out an acoustic bent onRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Bob Dylan + the Band, “Something There Is About You” (1974): Across the Great Divide
- With Power to Believe, King Crimson explored an unsettled post-9/11 landscape
- Tim & Caio – In Brazil (2015)
- Grace Marino + Ray Parker Jr. “Smooth Talk” (2015): One Track Mind
- Judas Priest – Defenders of the Faith: 30th Anniversary Edition (1985; 2015 reissue)
- Beth Hart, “Mechanical Heart” from Better Than Home (2015): One Track Mind