by Nick Deriso Hall and Oates are, of course, the poster boys for what happens when hair gel meets R&B. Funny thing is, they were originally anything but polished. Hall had reportedly been in an early Philly band with Thom Bell, later a central figure in that city’s R&B legacy. Along the way, H&O tried out an acoustic bent onRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Monkees – The Birds, the Bees and the Monkees: On Second Thought
- Donny McCaslin – Fast Future (2015)
- King Crimson’s brief, but important, double-trio era peaked with Thrak
- John Oates on the thing he hates most about Hall and Oates: ‘Just be totally objective about it’
- Todd Rundgren, “You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away” (2015): Exclusive advance stream
- John Manning – White Bear (1971): Forgotten Series