by Pico This past May, soul giant Al Green put forth his third album for the Blue Note label, Lay It Down. While the prior two albums recreated some of the magic from his glory years in the seventies, this one tinkers with the formula a bit. First, longtime producer and song collaborator Willie Mitchell was replaced by hip-hoppers JamesRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Manhattan Transfer, 1980: Shows I’ll Never Forget
- Bernie Marsden + David Coverdale, “Trouble” from Shine (2014): One Track Mind
- Princess Planet – The Ritzland Tapes (2014)
- Ross Hammond + Grant Calvin Weston – Blues and Daily News (2014)
- Adrian Belew begins new Power Trio tour, hoping to present a taste of FLUX
- Avishai Cohen’s Triveni – Dark Nights (2014)