by Pico This past May, soul giant Al Green put forth his third album for the Blue Note label, Lay It Down. While the prior two albums recreated some of the magic from his glory years in the seventies, this one tinkers with the formula a bit. First, longtime producer and song collaborator Willie Mitchell was replaced by hip-hoppers JamesRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Death Cab for Cutie, “Black Sun” from Kintsugi (2015): One Track Mind
- Kenny Wheeler – Songs For Quintet (2015)
- Otis Redding’s “Dock of the Bay” emerged out of crushing grief: ‘I can’t go in that studio’
- Adrian Belew’s brilliant Side One was a journey through his entire musical history
- Robert Earl Keen, “Footprints in the Snow” from Happy Prisoner (2015): One Track Mind
- Marianne Solivan – Spark (2014)