Paul Bley’s sixty year career has been primarily one where he’s worked with some of the biggest names in the vanguard of jazz in the quest for experimentation and many times he’s marched to the beat of his own drummer. For a good part of that career, it was also about him playing to the brilliant but often quirky songsRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Moody Blues’ John Lodge, “10,000 Light Years Ago” (2015): One Track Mind
- Albatre, Cactus Truck + Dead Neanderthals – The New Wave of Dutch Heavy Jazz (2015)
- Fleetwood Mac’s overlong Say You Will sorely missed Christine McVie
- Daryl Hall on how MTV ruined a huge Hall and Oates hit: ‘It was really, really frustrating’
- Sonny Landreth, “Bound by the Blues” (2015): One Track Mind
- Gary Burton in Nashville: 1960’s Tennessee Firebird was a fusion album like no other