Paul Bley’s sixty year career has been primarily one where he’s worked with some of the biggest names in the vanguard of jazz in the quest for experimentation and many times he’s marched to the beat of his own drummer. For a good part of that career, it was also about him playing to the brilliant but often quirky songsRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Band, “Let the Night Fall” from Islands (1977): Across the Great Divide
- Mavis Staples, “Your Good Fortune” (2015): One Track Mind
- Aerosmith’s ‘Nobody’s Fault,’ ‘Movin’ Out,’ ‘Taste of India,’ others: Deep Cuts
- Ringo Starr – Postcards from Paradise (2015)
- Jose James – Yesterday I Had the Blues: The Music of Billie Holiday (2015)
- Nick Mason is still disappointed Pink Floyd’s not on tour: ‘It would be nice if we could do it’