Paul Bley’s sixty year career has been primarily one where he’s worked with some of the biggest names in the vanguard of jazz in the quest for experimentation and many times he’s marched to the beat of his own drummer. For a good part of that career, it was also about him playing to the brilliant but often quirky songsRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Nick Mason wasn’t so sure about Pink Floyd: ‘Plan B for when the music failed’
- Steve Earle, “Baby Baby Baby (Baby)” from Terraplane (2015): One Track Mind
- Inside Deep Purple’s unique collaborative relationship with Ian Gillan: ‘We have a weird dynamic, but it works’
- Garth Hudson, “Garth Largo” from Largo (1998): Across the Great Divide
- Ultimate Painting, “Riverside” (2015): One Track Mind
- Donna Deussen + Paul Weitz Trio – On the Street Where You Live (2015)