Paul Bley’s sixty year career has been primarily one where he’s worked with some of the biggest names in the vanguard of jazz in the quest for experimentation and many times he’s marched to the beat of his own drummer. For a good part of that career, it was also about him playing to the brilliant but often quirky songsRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Inside Phil Collins’ blatant rip off of Prince on ‘Sussudio': ‘Never ran away from that idea’
- Phil Ochs (1940-1976): An Appreciation
- Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour on taking over for Roger Waters: ‘Not a burden I was particularly relishing’
- Brian Setzer Orchestra – Christmas Comes Alive (2010): On Second Thought
- Wayne Krantz, “U Can’t Touch This” from Good Piranha, Bad Piranha (2014): One Track Mind
- The Band, “Christmas Must Be Tonight” (1977): Across the Great Divide