“Pilgrim” — Eric Clapton’s first album of original material since 1989’s “Journeyman” — was, on its face, a sharp, brave attempt at modernizing the guitarist’s core sound. You hear solid licks situated amongst the prevailing R&B production values of today — keyboards and drum programming, both swirling orchestrations and smooth female backing vocals, these car-frame rattling bass beats. But theRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Bernie Marsden + David Coverdale, “Trouble” from Shine (2014): One Track Mind
- Princess Planet – The Ritzland Tapes (2014)
- Ross Hammond + Grant Calvin Weston – Blues and Daily News (2014)
- Adrian Belew begins new Power Trio tour, hoping to present a taste of FLUX
- Avishai Cohen’s Triveni – Dark Nights (2014)
- WKRP in Cincinnati: The Complete Series (2014): Television