Photo: Jean Hangarter by S. Victor Aaron The New Orleans tradition continues. Over one hundred years after the Crescent City had given the world cornetist and jazz pioneer Buddy Bolden, kicking off an amazing string of brass legends going from Louis Armstrong to Wynton Marsalis to Terence Blanchard, another ground-breaking trumpet player from this storied city has emerged in justRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Jimmy Rushing, “Good Morning Blues” (1937): One Track Mind
- Jack Bruce + Gary Moore, Ginger Baker, others – Rockpalast: The 50th Birthday Concerts (2014)
- Nick DeRiso’s Best of 2014 (Rock + Roots): David Crosby, John Oates, Lloyd Cole
- Inside Phil Collins’ blatant rip off of Prince on ‘Sussudio': ‘Never ran away from that idea’
- Phil Ochs (1940-1976): An Appreciation
- Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour on taking over for Roger Waters: ‘Not a burden I was particularly relishing’