photo: Cryptogramophone by Pico The hermitic but acclaimed multi-reedist Bennie Maupin is suddenly prolific. As a sideman for Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock during fusion’s formative years, Maupin’s versatility and sensitivity across a wide variety of wind instruments garnered him work on important documents of the genre live Bitches Brew and Herbie Hancock’s Mwandishi records. After Hancock broke up MwandishiRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Beth Hart, “Mechanical Heart” from Better Than Home (2015): One Track Mind
- Jerry Woods – Clearly EP (2014)
- Bob Dylan, “The Night We Called It a Day” from Shadows in the Night (2015): One Track Mind
- Yes, “I See You” from Yes (1969): YESterdays
- Catch a Syberen van Munster show streamed live!
- David Philips – If I Had Wings (2015)