photo: Cryptogramophone by Pico The hermitic but acclaimed multi-reedist Bennie Maupin is suddenly prolific. As a sideman for Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock during fusion’s formative years, Maupin’s versatility and sensitivity across a wide variety of wind instruments garnered him work on important documents of the genre live Bitches Brew and Herbie Hancock’s Mwandishi records. After Hancock broke up MwandishiRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- John Lennon’s Milk and Honey was unfinished, but still resonant
- Gov’t Mule featuring John Scofield – Sco-Mule (2015)
- Chris Smither, “Drive You Home Again” (2015): Something Else! exclusive stream
- Fantomas – Delirium Cordia (2004): On Second Thought
- Death Cab for Cutie, “Black Sun” from Kintsugi (2015): One Track Mind
- Bruce Springsteen’s Working On A Dream remains deeply misunderstood