When Ringo Starr recently announced that he wouldn’t be responding to any more fan mail, it occurred to me that he must be completely unaware of the disastrous foibles he’s unleashed on a loving but ultimately unwitting fanbase. Certainly likeable (at one time, anyway), Starr was and is a drive-by celeb, someone so lightning-strike lucky to have replaced Pete BestRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Cracker – Berkeley to Bakersfield (2014)
- Tom Petty remembers the mystery, joy of the Traveling Wilburys: ‘We made that record for us’
- Mabel Greer’s Toyshop, “Electric Funeral” from New Way Of Life (2015): One Track Mind
- Novellino / Rosi / Mazurek / Barnes – Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear (2014)
- The Byrds, “Mr. Tambourine Man” from The Only Folk Collection You’ll Ever Need (2014): One Track Mind
- Adrian Belew debuts his innovative FLUX app: ‘I’m never one to shut doors’