When Ringo Starr recently announced that he wouldn’t be responding to any more fan mail, it occurred to me that he must be completely unaware of the disastrous foibles he’s unleashed on a loving but ultimately unwitting fanbase. Certainly likeable (at one time, anyway), Starr was and is a drive-by celeb, someone so lightning-strike lucky to have replaced Pete BestRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Slash explains why Bob Dylan once refused to use his solo: ‘For me … the ultimate compliment’
- Steve Hackett, “Wolflight” from Wolflight (2015): One Track Mind
- The Blues Brothers insisted on lifting legacy artists: ‘We did not grab a share of it’
- David Gilmour, “Out of the Blue” from About Face (1984): On Second Thought
- Carl Palmer isn’t sorry about reworking Emerson Lake and Palmer: ‘I have every right to do what I want’
- Ringo Starr – Postcards from Paradise (2015)