by S. Victor Aaron I remember Azymuth back in the eighties as this funky little jazz fusion trio from Brazil whose sound approximated Weather Report but with some hot samba thrown in for local flavoring. The Cascades LP I had back then got a fair amount of spins and these guys were all better-than-average musicians that kept their arrangements lean,Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- ZZ Top, “I Thank You” (1979): Thanksgiving One Track Mind
- Micky Dolenz says the Hollywood Vampires started out as something else entirely
- Sanctuary – The Year the Sun Died (2014)
- Keith Jarrett + Charlie Haden and Paul Motian – Hamburg ’72 (2014)
- Levon Helm, Bob Dylan remain unlikely heroes of The Last Waltz: Across the Great Divide
- Cracker – Berkeley to Bakersfield (2014)