by S. Victor Aaron I remember Azymuth back in the eighties as this funky little jazz fusion trio from Brazil whose sound approximated Weather Report but with some hot samba thrown in for local flavoring. The Cascades LP I had back then got a fair amount of spins and these guys were all better-than-average musicians that kept their arrangements lean,Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Peter Gabriel, “What Lies Ahead” (2014): Something Else! sneak peek
- Foo Fighters – Sonic Highways (2014)
- The Yardbirds were changed forever when Jeff Beck fell ill: ‘It was two lead guitars from then on’
- Steve Earle, “You’re the Best Lover that I Ever Had” (2015): Something Else! sneak peek
- Steely Dan’s Gaucho: An album doomed from the start?
- Steve Cropper shares the secret to his remarkable output with Stax: ‘Everyone was there for the same reason’