by S. Victor Aaron I remember Azymuth back in the eighties as this funky little jazz fusion trio from Brazil whose sound approximated Weather Report but with some hot samba thrown in for local flavoring. The Cascades LP I had back then got a fair amount of spins and these guys were all better-than-average musicians that kept their arrangements lean,Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Bob Dylan kept things low key, personal on Together Through Life
- Steve Hackett, Rob Reed, Nick Beggs + others, “Spectral Mornings” (2015): One Track Mind
- Roger Waters discusses the Beatles’ impact on Pink Floyd: ‘There was a value in that freedom’
- Badfinger’s stirring music has outlived their many tragedies
- Graham Parker and the Rumor, “I’ve Done Bad Things” from Mystery Glue (2015)
- Miles Davis’ brilliant, misunderstood Bitches Brew broke every rule: ‘An art form unto itself’