by S. Victor Aaron I remember Azymuth back in the eighties as this funky little jazz fusion trio from Brazil whose sound approximated Weather Report but with some hot samba thrown in for local flavoring. The Cascades LP I had back then got a fair amount of spins and these guys were all better-than-average musicians that kept their arrangements lean,Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Slash explains why Bob Dylan once refused to use his solo: ‘For me … the ultimate compliment’
- Steve Hackett, “Wolflight” from Wolflight (2015): One Track Mind
- The Blues Brothers insisted on lifting legacy artists: ‘We did not grab a share of it’
- David Gilmour, “Out of the Blue” from About Face (1984): On Second Thought
- Carl Palmer isn’t sorry about reworking Emerson Lake and Palmer: ‘I have every right to do what I want’
- Ringo Starr – Postcards from Paradise (2015)