by S. Victor Aaron There seems to be this wonderful trend of late, where a newer generation of bass players are following the example of Charles Mingus and presenting themselves as serious composers and bandleaders. In the last year on this space we’ve profiled the latest releases of such luminaries as Drew Gress, Ben Allison, Bill Moring and Michael Bates.Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Word [Robert Randolph, John Medeski + North Mississippi All-Stars], “When I See the Blood” from Soul Food (2015)
- A character from ‘Randy Scouse Git’ almost changed Monkees history: ‘I know that sounds crazy’
- Gavin Harrison – Cheating the Polygraph (2015)
- Nick Mason on the moment Pink Floyd became Pink Floyd: ‘We sort of really did transition’
- Tommy Roe – Greatest Hits (1993): On Second Thought
- Which Yardbirds guitarist was better? Ritchie Blackmore decides: ‘He doesn’t have many ideas’