by S. Victor Aaron There seems to be this wonderful trend of late, where a newer generation of bass players are following the example of Charles Mingus and presenting themselves as serious composers and bandleaders. In the last year on this space we’ve profiled the latest releases of such luminaries as Drew Gress, Ben Allison, Bill Moring and Michael Bates.Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Nick Mason wasn’t so sure about Pink Floyd: ‘Plan B for when the music failed’
- Steve Earle, “Baby Baby Baby (Baby)” from Terraplane (2015): One Track Mind
- Inside Deep Purple’s unique collaborative relationship with Ian Gillan: ‘We have a weird dynamic, but it works’
- Garth Hudson, “Garth Largo” from Largo (1998): Across the Great Divide
- Ultimate Painting, “Riverside” (2015): One Track Mind
- Donna Deussen + Paul Weitz Trio – On the Street Where You Live (2015)