by S. Victor Aaron There seems to be this wonderful trend of late, where a newer generation of bass players are following the example of Charles Mingus and presenting themselves as serious composers and bandleaders. In the last year on this space we’ve profiled the latest releases of such luminaries as Drew Gress, Ben Allison, Bill Moring and Michael Bates.Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Jon Anderson and Jean-Luc Ponty collaborative CD/DVD readied for release; tour dates announced.
- Merzbow/Pandi/Gustafsson with Thurston Moore – Cuts of Guilt, Cuts Deeper (2015)
- Toto, “99” from Hydra (1979) Toto Tuesdays
- Yes’ Chris Squire was the quintessential rock star and consummate musician
- Kait Dunton – trioKAIT (2015)
- The Time, “Donald Trump [Black Version]” (1990): One Track Mind
- John Wetton’s complex relationship with a signature Asia tune: ‘American guys went: Yes!’
Trending Right Now
- Brian May talks about Adam Lambert's Queen transformation: 'He's really evolved, hugely' 67 comments
- Daryl Hall on the Hall and Oates song that should have been a hit: 'It didn’t get any response whatsoever' 31 comments
- Paul McCartney's guileless, but oft-criticized <i>Ram</i> was a handmade gem 29 comments
- Which Yardbirds guitarist was better? Ritchie Blackmore decides: 'He doesn’t have many ideas' 25 comments
- Paul McCartney says the Beatles used Motown as a template – for what not to do 13 comments
- Daryl Hall on how MTV ruined a huge Hall and Oates hit: 'It was really, really frustrating' 12 comments