by S. Victor Aaron There seems to be this wonderful trend of late, where a newer generation of bass players are following the example of Charles Mingus and presenting themselves as serious composers and bandleaders. In the last year on this space we’ve profiled the latest releases of such luminaries as Drew Gress, Ben Allison, Bill Moring and Michael Bates.Read More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Luckless UK issued the wildly underrated Danger Money just as prog fell apart
- Daryl Hall + Robert Fripp, “Babs and Babs / Urban Landscape” from Sacred Songs (1980)
- BoDeans, “Slave” from I Can’t Stop (2015): One Track Mind
- Gutsy and diverse, Led Zeppelin’s Houses of the Holy remains unfairly overlooked
- Slash explains why Bob Dylan once refused to use his solo: ‘For me … the ultimate compliment’
- Grace Marino, “Coz Of You” (2015): Something Else! sneak peek